Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like a bunch of folks here have made the effort to put a back-up cam on their JKs/JKUs.

Who among us is thinking that the new JL might have a back-up cam that can be easily adapted to our JKs?

I know it is wishful thinking, but who else is thinking this way?

·
Registered
660 Posts
If it is easy to swap out, it'll probably be a $1600 part from the dealer and take offs will be rare. Probably also be a Brandmotion $200 camera with "Jeep" written on.

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
I believe all vehicles will be required by law to have a backup camera beginning in 2018 so the jl should have one. The problem arises in that factory equipment is meant to be mounted in a specific factory location and run through a specific radio, aftermarket is meant to be universal so it may still be easier going aftermarket.

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
With what I see of FIAT, it will not go from the JL to the JK or it will cost a fortune and require a dealer somewhere in the fix. I would rather adapt the 8 speed trans.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I would also consider that it will be part of a wiring harness bundle it will be a pita to separate the correct wiring. I would also expect the camera to be built into the rear somehow likely into the bumper which will bring up another issue for those wishing to put a different rear bumper on. I doubt that it would be a stand alone unit like a aftermarket unit

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
When we can add BU Camera ourself with out cutting any factory wiring for $175 bucks with on demand BU Carmera, NAV in motion and DVD in motion, why would someone want to pay more for just BU camera? ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts