Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Daughters JLU with Turbo4 in shop for a week... Dealer can't fix.... Anybody have this problem? Provide some insights?

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
No problems with my turbo 4. Im currently at 8300 on the clock.

·
WF approved Offical Jeep Account.
1,570 Posts
Daughters JLU with Turbo4 in shop for a week... Dealer can't fix.... Anybody have this problem? Provide some insights?
So sorry to read about this! What dealer is she working with? We would be happy to look into this for her. Feel free to send a private message with a VIN and more details.

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So sorry to read about this! What dealer is she working with? We would be happy to look into this for her. Feel free to send a private message with a VIN and more details.

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares
The Dealership is very vague about problem and will not provide any details.... Other then a computer issue.... The dealership told my Daughter they need someone from regional office to reprogram the computer..... She called the regional office and they indicated that the dealership is supposed to fix the computer.... she made these calls today.... She bought the JLU 3 weeks ago.... its been in the shop twice... It's it the shop for 8 days now..... I will follow up with a private message with the details you requested....

·
Registered
176 Posts
Wow that's a horror story none of us ever want to go through with a brand new vehicle hope she gets it squared away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I called the dealership today..... Looks like the error code from my daughters Turbo JLU only "applies" to the V6 and doesn't apply to her Turbo engine.... So they are "lost" without a road map.... Dealership can't identify the issue without a proper error code.… Dealership contacted Chrysler and provided them with the information needed to revise their diagnostic code.... It will take at least two weeks for Chrysler to figure out the problem.... My daughter bought this new 2018 JLU about month ago.... It was heavily discounted.... I had my doubts about buying the Turbo and a Jeep siting on the lot for almost a year.... but I didn't want to rain on her parade….. She's driven the JLU about 6 days during her month of ownership....

·
WF approved Offical Jeep Account.
1,570 Posts
I called the dealership today..... Looks like the error code from my daughters Turbo JLU only "applies" to the V6 and doesn't apply to her Turbo engine.... So they are "lost" without a road map.... Dealership can't identify the issue without a proper error code.… Dealership contacted Chrysler and provided them with the information needed to revise their diagnostic code.... It will take at least two weeks for Chrysler to figure out the problem.... My daughter bought this new 2018 JLU about month ago.... It was heavily discounted.... I had my doubts about buying the Turbo and a Jeep siting on the lot for almost a year.... but I didn't want to rain on her parade….. She's driven the JLU about 6 days during her month of ownership....
Hello! I just responded to your private message.

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
10,417 Posts

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares
@Col. Sanders , if not already, make sure Jeep Cares opens up a case on this.

While I never had to use Jeep Cares, I have used Dodge Cares (I think they are the same people), and found them excellent in resolving issues.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jeep Cares did open up a case on this matter..... My daughter is anxious to get her JLU back.... But it doesn't look like she'll get it back soon....

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
Well we are all pulling for her to get it back fixed and right. If that isn't quick .... while disappointing - Fixed and Right is the desired goal at this point.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok.... The Dealership replaced the MAP Sensor... Told my Daughter to come pick up the JLU Sahara.... She picks it up and the check engine light comes on after 5 minutes..... My Son-in-Law laid into the people at the Dealership..... My Daughter hasn't even made a payment yet..... They are going to try and get another vehicle...…. Perhaps look into the "lemon law"... FUBAR...…. My Daughter has two little kids and she can't be running around with this issue..... They gave her a Basic Punkin loaner with Dealership markings......

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Still no movement from Jeep..... Dealership waiting for call from Jeep/Chrysler..... Made several calls to Jeep Cares.... No response today.... Saga continues..... Daughter has the JLU for a month now.... She driven it about 6 days.....

·
Registered
147 Posts
It is frustrating to witness the many problems that seem to go unresolved.

It seems like Jeep Cares, FedEx Overnight and some decent on the job training could be employed to swiftly and effectively solve factory installed problems if someone, somewhere, in the chain of revenue skimming would make fixing OEM problems a priority.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Not that this applies, but I had a similar issue with a different car. After a couple of weeks, the issue was the ground to the computer. Once that was fixed, we never had the problem again. I hope you get some resolution soon.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Daughter filled out paperwork for lemon law.... She had a hard time getting the Work orders from the dealership to complete the application..... Apparently, someone from the regional office is coming to resolve this issue one way or another... we'll see....

·
Registered
73 Posts

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares
Daughter filled out paperwork for lemon law.... She had a hard time getting the Work orders from the dealership to complete the application..... Apparently, someone from the regional office is coming to resolve this issue one way or another... we'll see....
Get an attorney.

File the lemon law suit.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts