Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live about 90 miles from the nearest airport. I had an opportunity yesterday to take the wife to the airport to catch a plane to go visit our son and his family for Veteran's Day. I decided to take our 2018 Sport JLU. We only had 1300 miles on it since we bought it during Labor Day weekend and I saw this as a chance to see how well it does driving longer distances than around town. I was very impressed with the handling and ride for a 2 hour trip up and back. I average 25.8 going up and 26.4 coming back. I bought the Jeep for fun, but having this kind of gas mileage will make it more enjoyable to take on trips.

·
Super Moderator
7,836 Posts
Nice, and in the summer it will probably do even better.

Reactions: cwmartin59

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the 3.6 liter with ESS and 8 speed Automatic. MPG around town varies from 15 to 17 mpg depending on my daily commute. I only live 3 miles from work so the longer the drive, the better the mpg around town.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My 4 banger averages 21 but I carry alot of stuff (2 overweight labs, toolbox, etc.) and I don't baby it. Not a real econobox but I do like it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts