Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Not sure exactly the name of this feature, but was hoping that someone could tell me if it would be on a current 2019 wrangler w/the upgraded 8''/alpine navi.

On my current vehicles when I am on a major highway, just before I get to an exit the navi screen splits, map on one side, and the other side sort of shows a photo of what the actual exit looks like up ahead along w/a arrow in the photo indicating the exit. Does the wrangler navi do that??

Thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it does. It’s in the settings. I can look in a bit. Have to wait for wife’s Jeep. Sadly mine only has the 7” radio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
>>>

thanks very much, didn't think if it had it it would be a setting, usually it just happens, least on the other cars i've driven, but i'll guess if the exit photos pop up on the 7 it would do it on the 8 dunno if that is a fair guess

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks, was hoping to get a little help w/one or two navi questions i am really stuck on prior to maybe getting a rubicon. So far i am getting conflicting answers figured someone here could break the tie :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wow interesting they put it in as a choice, and really appreciate your checking for me, could I ask another question? Can you keep the map on the main center unit and turn directions in the middle display (the one between the speedo and tac)??

was told you can but some say no...

thanks v much

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
awesome, thanks so much, yeah it sure looked like that from the manual and your photo. Dunno I went to two dealers so far, both seemed totally unknowledgeable on the product and really didn't seem to care if they sold one or not going to try another dealer today.

that said they seemed to have 2 in stock that seemed nice, one was missing a few features few grand cheeper ...might get bitten by the jeep bug

really appreciate your help in checking out the gps for me

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
My 430N from a 2017 JKUR does this. And it is very helpful being able to see how many lanes exit to the right, or left when in an area you are unfamiliar with.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Really appreciate the reply help from all, navi is actually important to me, i travel into unfamiliar areas, and end up relying on my gps a lot. Guess I fell in love with the photo style units. Very close to purchase .

One dealer w/o my asking printed out the window sticker, and wrote a sale price. The list i saw was fully loaded Rubi, around 56k(ouch) they wrote 48k on it w/o my really asking or eagling, not sure if they are for real as other dealers seemed to want 56k but i wasn't really hagling, maybe they'd try to jack me on 'fees or interest' any thoughts?? what should i realistically expect?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hey happy 4th, and thanks so much for taking the time to post the pic.

silly questions? was that the jeep nav or apple CarPlay/apple maps noticed it said CarPlay on top

other question, so in my photo above since it shows the actual photo of the lanes etc there is an arrow shoiwing which lane to take, on yours i see it shows just the signs (ok I can deal w/that) but from your photo above, i can't see an indicator or arrow showing which lane to take, did i miss something?

Thanks!! If all goes well decided to pull the trigger on a rubi hopefully by months end!!

·
Registered
780 Posts
Not CarPlay. That’s the builtin. Music was playing from CarPlay.

It doesn’t show which lane, because I didn’t have a route defined.

I was just showing the how it does the interstate signs. If I had a route, it would’ve also showed the lanes. Next time I am in the wife’s Jeep, I’ll get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
wow perfect really appreciate your help, being in the new area i find myself really relying on navigation. Seems like the jeep nav is comparable to the nav i have in current vehicles and 3rd party units. thanks again for all!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
It is Garmin based and operates very much like the latest Garmin Drivesmart series. The screens are nearly identical....very nice set up.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts