Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I just got some aftermarket (4x)JL-Audio CS 4" speakers.
and one 1pair of Tweeters for the front dashboard.

(rear sound sound only has 2x 4" speakers JL-Audio CS speakers)

Factory radio and I used a JL-Audio powered subwoofer 8" 250 RMS.

There is plenty of LOWS, and Plenty of HIGHS, but there there is no MIDS whatsover. I can only hear the Vocals and BASS.
There is hardly any sound via MIDS of the music I'm listening to.

What Sound Bar Speaker in the 6.5" category would you guys recommend for MIDS? I'm using a Alpine Power Pack 445U for the AMP to power all 6 JL-Audio speakers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello,
I just got some aftermarket (4x)JL-Audio C2 4" speakers.
and one 1pair of Tweeters for the front dashboard.

(rear sound sound only has 2x 4" speakers JL-Audio C2 speakers)

Factory radio and I used a JL-Audio powered subwoofer 8" 250 RMS.

There is plenty of LOWS, and Plenty of HIGHS, but there there is no MIDS whatsover. I can only hear the Vocals and BASS.
There is hardly any sound via MIDS of the music I'm listening to.

What Sound Bar Speaker in the 6.5" category would you guys recommend for MIDS? I'm using a Alpine Power Pack 445U for the AMP to power all 6 JL-Audio C2 speakers.
:atomic:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
You need a crossover IMO. If you can send the C2x400 back and get a woofer only you would be better off. You really want a componant speakers rather than the 2way speakers. Tweeters in top of the dash so you would not also want in the mids. I went with Kappas Component Speakers that came with a cross over. If you cannot return yours or at least the 2ways you still will benefit from adding a crossover. Mine is a 2014 JKU. If you can find a good quality component system that fits your Jeep you should be very please with the sound. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JaySong.

So the only Speakers you changed out was the Rear SoundBar (put in Infinity Kappa 6.5")...and you kept the front Dash and 4" Knee speakers stock?

·
Registered
832 Posts
Too many tweeters. You can cut the tweeters loose in the coaxials making them into single cone speakers. Just cut the wires going to the tweets and leave the cones in place. I had to do this,

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
JaySong.

So the only Speakers you changed out was the Rear SoundBar (put in Infinity Kappa 6.5")...and you kept the front Dash and 4" Knee speakers stock?
No I have a JK. I have Component Speakers with a passive crossover in the front and coaxial speakers in the sound bar. Mine are 6.5 speaker for mids in the front for a JK.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts