Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Unfortunately, I bought a Jeep Wrangler (2019, Rubicon unlimited, JL, purchased 5 months ago) at the main center in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. I am a resident here. There is an issue to fix with the steering wheel issue. More specifically the car is pulling to the right at all speed, and at all temperature, but more noticeable at temperature above 33 degrees Celsius. The car is also on V41 call back, which needs to be done.

I recorded today how it acts on the way to Abu Dhabi, please watch my video:

Many thanks for watching the video and please help me with some suggestion.

Best regards
Gergely

·
Retired Moderator
100,487 Posts
:welcome: to the Forum..:wavey:

Congrats on your Wrangler purchase!

The crown of the road maybe playing a part in this. Did you check your tire pressure? A tire can also cause a slight pull. Try rotating them. If not, these are electronic controlled steering. Several of our Members have complained about the steering wandering. I'm thinking that there is a campaign out on this issue.

Reactions: lantaig

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:welcome: to the Forum..:wavey:

Congrats on your Wrangler purchase!

The crown of the road maybe playing a part in this. Did you check your tire pressure? A tire can also cause a slight pull. Try rotating them. If not, these are electronic controlled steering. Several of our Members have complained about the steering wandering. I'm thinking that there is a campaign out on this issue.
Thank you for your reply. Tire pressure is fine. I am super close to sell this car and get something less fancy looking but more reliable.

Any suggestions would be appreciated on what to do.

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
As already suggested. Alignment check. Road crown is always an issue. I find my Jeep Wranglers are more sensitive than other vehicles to road crown, ruts and shapes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As already suggested. Alignment check. Road crown is always an issue. I find my Jeep Wranglers are more sensitive than other vehicles to road crown, ruts and shapes.
Thanks for the reply. As said all alignemnts are done, yet the problem is there. Alignment is not the solution.

Any other suggestions? I found this video which can be useful.

·
Registered
539 Posts
As said, these are done. Yet the problem is there.

As you said the tire pressures are done, but what are they?

40 psi?

·
Super Moderator
7,833 Posts
OK so all the basics were covered, tire pressure, road crown, wheels aren't bent, tires are OK, etc.... I might insist they take 4 wheels and tires off another Jeep like yours on the lot and try them. Then the next step would be another dealer, then a good independent tire/alignment shop [if you feel like paying and going through the hassle for reimbursement]. Then finally the lemon law or whatever it's called in your part of the world. Me, I'd probably try another dealer then the lemon law, skipping the independent tire/alignment shop.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK so all the basics were covered, tire pressure, road crown, wheels aren't bent, tires are OK, etc.... I might insist they take 4 wheels and tires off another Jeep like yours on the lot and try them. Then the next step would be another dealer, then a good independent tire/alignment shop [if you feel like paying and going through the hassle for reimbursement]. Then finally the lemon law or whatever it's called in your part of the world. Me, I'd probably try another dealer then the lemon law, skipping the independent tire/alignment shop.
Thank you do much!

·
Super Moderator
7,833 Posts
Thank you do much!
You're welcome!

Currently, it is set to 36-37 PSI. That's what written on the door. Not good? :)
You could try dropping it down a bit say to 30-32 psi, try both. I would also check tire pressure early in the morning before driving. It is very hot where you are. I would also make sure the pressure is exactly the same on all 4 tires. Over or under inflated tires on one side of the vehicle can cause drift. Have you tried driving in the left lane [where a road is crowned left in that lane] vs. the center and see if your Jeep still drifts right? That would surely indicate a problem! The reason I say that is I had a botched alignment done years ago, and the tech who did the alignment stated before starting the job my front end was perfect, which it was. Then when I went back to him with problems with my van drifting right I took him for a ride where the road was crowned left, typically the left lane is, and the van drifted right. He naturally blamed everything but his work. When the owner realized I knew what I was talking about he had another tech check the alignment, and it was way off. I'm not saying that is the case here, I think you have a problem, getting the right person to correct it can be a daunting task. Good luck!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You're welcome!

You could try dropping it down a bit say to 30-32 psi, try both. I would also check tire pressure early in the morning before driving. It is very hot where you are. I would also make sure the pressure is exactly the same on all 4 tires. Over or under inflated tires on one side of the vehicle can cause drift. Have you tried driving in the left lane [where a road is crowned left in that lane] vs. the center and see if your Jeep still drifts right? That would surely indicate a problem! The reason I say that is I had a botched alignment done years ago, and the tech who did the alignment stated before starting the job my front end was perfect, which it was. Then when I went back to him with problems with my van drifting right I took him for a ride where the road was crowned left, typically the left lane is, and the van drifted right. He naturally blamed everything but his work. When the owner realized I knew what I was talking about he had another tech check the alignment, and it was way off. I'm not saying that is the case here, I think you have a problem, getting the right person to correct it can be a daunting task. Good luck!!
Thank you, sound good. I will try to lower the pressure and make sure the road is not crowned. Yes, it can be very hot here, during the summer, for several months it can be 45-46 degrees Celsius which is like 114.8 Fahrenheit.

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
I watched your video. That isn't a "pull" that is a "drift" .
As you point out it gets worse as heat builds.

Lower the PSI to 32 and try driving in the left most lane when safe to do so.
See how it bahaves.

Things like that are always worse when focused on, I know because I fixate on details too.
Not trying to talk you into liking your Jeep. I think you said you are likely wanting to get rid of it. Perhaps this is part of the decision process.
Been there too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts