Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 Sahara with the base bumper (not the steel bumper package.) I’m trying to find a skid plate of pretty much any kind to replace the plastic cover/windbreak. Unfortunately, everything I’ve found (and two vendors I emailed) say the steel bumper is required.

It seems like there would be an option that attaches to the frame supports underneath. Has anyone put a skid plate on their Sahara with the non-steel bumper? I was at Jeep this morning for the steering damper recall work and they couldn’t find anything OEM for it either. Gah.

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
60,784 Posts
:welcome: to the Forum..:wavey:

Reactions: mrice

·
Modern Day Warrior
1,057 Posts
I have a 2019 Sahara with the base bumper (not the steel bumper package.) I’m trying to find a skid plate of pretty much any kind to replace the plastic cover/windbreak. Unfortunately, everything I’ve found (and two vendors I emailed) say the steel bumper is required.

It seems like there would be an option that attaches to the frame supports underneath. Has anyone put a skid plate on their Sahara with the non-steel bumper? I was at Jeep this morning for the steering damper recall work and they couldn’t find anything OEM for it either. Gah.
RockHard 4x4 makes one for the plastic OEM bumper.
https://www.rockhard4x4.com/product_p/rh-90510.htm

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Why not look on craigslist for someone who has a Rubicon that removed theirs? Pretty sure all the Rubicons come with them to protect the sway bar disconnect motor.

·
Super Moderator
11,075 Posts
Welcome to the Forum mrice,

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Why not look on craigslist for someone who has a Rubicon that removed theirs? Pretty sure all the Rubicons come with them to protect the sway bar disconnect motor.
It’s my understanding that it requires the steel bumper, which I don’t have. I’ve gone with the Quadratec though.

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
It’s my understanding that it requires the steel bumper, which I don’t have. I’ve gone with the Quadratec though.
Mine has the non steel bumpers and it came with the skid plate for the sway bar disconnect.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mopar sells the swaybar skid plate (Part No. 82215183AB), but it indicates “Use with steel front bumper only”
https://moparonlineparts.com/mobile/jeep-wrangler-skid-plate-front-bumper-p-8406.html

According to the official FCA photos, it looks like the Mopar skid plate indeed bolts to the bottom of the steel bumper.
Yeah, I even had the parts counter look up my vehicle and they had nothing for me. It’s a shame because I really like it. Ah well, the Quadratec looks to be a decent one as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts