Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently noticed that the Power Steering Fluid was below the min line, went to the dealer and bought some fluid (part # 68218064AC) as per what Mopar says fits my Wrangler:

As I was about to top it off, I noticed that the one already within the reservoir is green while the one I bought is red. The owner's manual is not really useful regarding this:

Font Rectangle Parallel Screenshot Number

I have no idea about what fluid it currently has, but up until now all the fluids have been added only by the dealer. Can these green and red fluids be mixed? Otherwise, would it be better to just pump it out and then top off the reservoir with the red one?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Good question and understand the concern. In the end, I would trust the OEM recommendation and after ensuring the new fluid is compatible, proceed and use it.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Online parts websites (including Mopar's own website) are not as accurate as dealer parts catalog.

I would recommend you go to the dealer and purchase the Electric Steering Pump Fluid. I recommend you do NOT use the red power steering fluid. It is not okay to mix them, and I would caution that a system designed for the former may not be compatible with the latter (including the seals in the system).

I also do not know which aftermarket fluids are compatible with your system, so to err on the side of caution, get the specific Mopar fluid, whether from a dealer or through reputable reseller on Amazon, eBay, etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi all, thanks for the replies. I went to the dealer yesterday and H3br3wHamm3r was spot on, the dealer found the Electric Steering Pump Fluid that I should use and the color now matches the one my wrangler currently has. Lesson learned, do not trust Mopar's website and go with the dealer's parts catalog instead. Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts