Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh man. Tell me what to do! Can I get a 2L turbo w/etorque in Canada?? They all come from the same plant, right??

We were quite literally a day away from placing the order for s 2020 Sahara Unlimited 2L Turbo w/etorque, when Jeep.ca threw us a curveball (the 2020's were just listed on Friday). Test driving is not an option as we are

A. Ordering from another city.
B. There are none on the lots to test drive. NOTE that I have already test driven a 2019 2L turbo w/etorque.

Jeep.ca shows:
2L DOHC I4 DI turbochardged engine w/ESS (no etorque??!)
3.6L VVT V6 engine w/etorque (no turbo)

Jeep.com shows:
2L I4 DOHC DI turbo eTorque engine
3.6L V6 24V VVT eTorque engine Upg (no turbo)

Now we WANTED the 2L turbo w/etorque and now we don't know what to do.

If the V6 was a turbo with etorque, we would go for it, but the no turbo thing threw us, and the no etorque in Canada for the 2L...? They all come from the same place, right?

My dealer is looking into it, but we're getting nowhere fast. So if this is the case then here are our options.

2L turbo but w/o etorque (I need to verify this!)
V6 w/etorque but w/o turbo

How close are these two?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Does anyone have the specs for the V6 w/etorque? I've been googling but can't seem to find ANYTHING for the etorque... (TIA!)

·
Registered
126 Posts
It is my understanding that only a Sahara can be had with e torque 2.0 here in the USA. The unlimited sport can be ordered with the 2.0 but no e torque.
There are people on here that know more about this than me.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is my understanding that only a Sahara can be had with e torque 2.0 here in the USA. The unlimited sport can be ordered with the 2.0 but no e torque.
There are people on here that know more about this than me.
Thank you, jofish. The problem is from the websites(s), but there is only one manufacturing plant (that I'm aware of).

I need to know if the 2L turbo DOES IN FACT have etorque min Canada (because the Canadian website does not specify, wheras the US website does).

·
Super Moderator
10,646 Posts
Here’s a walk through of 2020 JL engine offerings. Granted, this is for the US, but I can’t see it being any different for Canada. Canada sales represent roughly 10% of US.

And yes, there’s only one plant producing JL. The old JK plant was converted to produce Gladiators.

As indicated already, in 2020 you can only get the 2.0T eTorque on Saharas.

BTW, there are still tons of leftover 2019 Sports, Saharas and Rubicons with the 2.0T eTorque in the US. It hasn’t sold well here.

Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
2,728 Posts
The US and Canadian markets have different engine options for 2020

Sport & Rubicon trims have 3 engines: 2.0 (no eTorque), 3.6 (no eTorque) or 3.6 (w/ eTorque)

Sahara also has 3 engines: 2.0 (w/ eTorque) 3.6 (w/ eTorque) or 3.6 (no eTorque)

Here is the Canada press release

https://media.fcanorthamerica.com/pdf.do?id=21019

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BTW, there are still tons of leftover 2019 Sports, Saharas and Rubicons with the 2.0T eTorque in the US. It hasn’t sold well here.
Thank you. I've spent quite some time today trying to figure this out, and it seems as though there was some sort of issue with the etorque on the 2L turbo. I don't know what that issue is as of yet (I'm working on it), but while the 2L turbo IS still being made/sold in the US, it is NOT being sold in Canada. Once the problem has been resolved then it will be available again. But as of right now, etorque for the the 2L turbo is NOT available (for the Sahara Unlimited) in Canada.

Soooooo... we wait. Or we choose the 2L Turbo without the etorque, but I don't know if that's a good decision or not!

But your comment interests me. Do you know why it hasn't sold well there?

·
Super Moderator
2,728 Posts
Does anyone have the specs for the V6 w/etorque? I've been googling but can't seem to find ANYTHING for the etorque... (TIA!)
The specs on eTorque vs no eTorque are the same, since it does not add peak power

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sahara also has 3 engines: 2.0 (w/ eTorque) 3.6 (w/ eTorque) or 3.6 (no eTorque)

Here is the Canada press release

https://media.fcanorthamerica.com/pdf.do?id=21019
THANKS! I'll take this to the dealer and have them look into it. I can't figure out WHAT is going on... Other than "there's a problem" (it looks like it definitely WILL be available. Just not right now.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts