Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By now, most of, if not all of you have seen the new mid-engined Corvette.

I'm wondering what my fellow Jeepers think of it???

For me, it is as drool worthy as any car comes. Love, love, love!!!! Only wish I had the scratch! My TJ will have to do for now! :)

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Not really my style these days, did a lot of that when I was younger and now have no real interest. It’s a lot of work doing the track thing and just too busy for another hobby. Why own a car like that for street use? It’s the equivalent of a mall crawler in Jeepland. Just bought a new fairly fast Mercedes sedan and that’s all I really want in a car. Guess I’m getting old.

·
Premium Member
2,620 Posts
I love the looks of corvettes. I hate that you have to step down into them and it's like you're sitting in an undersized box and getting out is even worse. I have sat in the passenger seat of my friend's vette and once was enough for me. He was shocked when I turned down his offer to drive it.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Holding my final opinion until I see the c8 in person

From the pics I have seen

+ I like the front
+/- side I like the front half but not so much the back
- not a fan of the rear bumper/lights.... it seems huge

Interior I figure will be typical GM/Corvette.... kinda cheap and not well laid out.

Really looking forward to seeing one in person however corvettes have never been my thing. The base models from days past aren’t even “sports cars”, more of a GT or sporty tourer is that’s a thing. The performance trim then get way up there in price and the c8 will be no different. I know they advertise sub $60K however how many will actually buy a zero option vette, I would bet it will be hard to leave the dealership without spending $75k or more.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
It's a bad MF'er

·
Registered
711 Posts
It looks to be an awesome ride. Wish to see in person. But from pictures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
191 Posts
They look awesome. I had an '84 when that was the new thing, a couple more, a '97 when the C5 came out, and am considering a Vette versus a turbo 911 cab.
I raced a new Corvette 0-100 recently, and they are pretty fast. I have a BMW 135 with lots of tuning, about 500 ft lbs of torque at the rear wheels, and beat him by about 20 yards. That's closer than I would have thought.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts