Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The order banks have been open for the 2020 Gladiator JT so it seems to be the perfect time to start this year's thread. Here we can discuss what we plan on ordering, options, our experiences, and the waiting process. The wait is better with company! Who plans on ordering? What do you plan on ordering?

copy & paste from the JL forum...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Waiting to order Hydro Blue Paint...

Waiting for Hydro Blue paint orders to be accepted. Thinking I'll order: Sport S with following options:

• PBJ_01 -- Hydro Blue Pearl-Coat paint
  • A7-T5_01 -- Black / Heritage Tan Interior
  • DEM -- 6 speed manual transmission
  • MRK -- side steps & running boards
  • AEN -- Dual Top Group
  • CSD -- Tonneau cover (required by AEN)
  • UAG -- 7" Display stereo
  • RC4 -- Alpine Premium audio system
  • CWJ -- Soft top window storage bag
  • CHD -- Hardtop headliner
  • ABR -- Trailer Tow
  • ADC -- Convenience Group (required by RC4?)
  • ADE -- Cold Weather Group (required by RC4?)
  • NHK -- Engine block heater.
Will update as progress occurs.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Plan on a long wait. There are people who ordered the Launch Edition April 3 who still do not have their vehicles. I ordered April 27, the day after the regular order banks opened. It took 103 days for mine to be delivered. I picked it up Thursday and took the pic with this post on the way home. Yesterday, I installed the Bestop Sunrider, Bartact seatcovers, and Baja Designs LP6 Pro lights.

Attachments

Reactions: drBassman

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
I ordered my Gladiator on May 17th, 2019. I signed papers and took it home on June 17th, 2019. Took the factory exactly 3 weeks from time of order to having it ready to ship, and then took 1 week to ship it from Toledo, OH to Shelbyville, KY.

If you want your truck quickly, all you have to do is avoid certain options. Don't order the spray-in bedliner, don't order the steel bumpers, etc.

My build:

Sport S

AJQ-Max Towing package
CMD-Cargo Management package
Convenience package
Alpine premium audio
ADE-Cold Weather package
Hard Top
AAN-Technology package (7" screen)
AM2-Auxiliary Switches

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
If you want your truck quickly, all you have to do is avoid certain options. Don't order the spray-in bedliner, don't order the steel bumpers, etc.
Anything else besides those two? I'm thinking of ordering an Overland with just the black hardtop and tow.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I ordered my Gladiator on May 17th, 2019. I signed papers and took it home on June 17th, 2019. Took the factory exactly 3 weeks from time of order to having it ready to ship, and then took 1 week to ship it from Toledo, OH to Shelbyville, KY.

If you want your truck quickly, all you have to do is avoid certain options. Don't order the spray-in bedliner, don't order the steel bumpers, etc

Why do you say this, what the big deal of the steel bumpers and the bed liner??

·
Registered
387 Posts
I'm getting interested, but need to find out when the other colors are coming out,

I like the gator, gobi, orange and then there's white, waiting a little and then I'll pull the trigger,

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Why do you say this, what the big deal of the steel bumpers and the bed liner??
I've been following JT production since the very beginning in April, and it's what I've noticed. Options like steel bumpers, color matched tops, etc. take more time because of suppliers, additional paint requirements, or other reasons. Options like spray-in bedliners are done off-site and also add more time to the build. The more cosmetic options you add to your build, the slower your build is going to be.

I elected to skip the spray-in and get it done locally by Line-X instead. Same price, lifetime warranty, and 2 hour wait instead of 2 month wait.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts