Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize this is all very person specific, but do you all see anything glaring that I am missing, or a mistake in this possible order?

2020 Rubicon 4 door
Bright White Exterior
Body colored fender flares
17” black wheels ($995)
Dual top group
Black leather seats
8.4” display
Cargo tub liner
Soft top window storage bag
All weather floor mats
Plastic door sill guards by mopar
Remote prox key
Led lighting
Cold weather
Trailer tow
Active Safety group
Adaptive cruise
Steel bumper group
2.0 turbo
Automatic transmission

·
Registered
1 Posts
You might want to think about the trim color on the dash. Black seats normally come with red trim and tan seats come with black trim. The red trim is a little overpowering to me.

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
I realize this is all very person specific, but do you all see anything glaring that I am missing, or a mistake in this possible order?

2020 Rubicon 4 door
Bright White Exterior
Body colored fender flares
17” black wheels ($995)
Dual top group
Black leather seats
8.4” display
Cargo tub liner
Soft top window storage bag
All weather floor mats
Plastic door sill guards by mopar
Remote prox key
Led lighting
Cold weather
Trailer tow
Active Safety group
Adaptive cruise
Steel bumper group
2.0 turbo
Automatic transmission
It may come in the "Cold Weather" group, but we really like the remote start on both of our JK's. To warm them up in the winter and to cool them down in the 115 degree summers. We never use the heated seats though.

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
Paint the roof matching white.

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
The 2020 I4 turbo Rubicon I herd does not come with E-torque assist. Don't know what that does to of the line go.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all of your responses.

Agree with all.... except the white top. :) I know that is just preference but I was born in the 70's so Jeep tops and bodys differ in color in my head.

I think the only thing I am questioning at this point are these two things:

1. 3.6 vs. 2.0 *I am very much leaning towards 2.0
2. There is a 2019 Jeep that is exactly what I want with the 2.0 etorque, but it has the white top and is the same price as the 2020 if I order. I could get over the top, since half the year it would be black with the cloth top.

My gut says order the 2020.

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
Thanks for all of your responses.

Agree with all.... except the white top. :) I know that is just preference but I was born in the 70's so Jeep tops and bodys differ in color in my head.

I think the only thing I am questioning at this point are these two things:

1. 3.6 vs. 2.0 *I am very much leaning towards 2.0
2. There is a 2019 Jeep that is exactly what I want with the 2.0 etorque, but it has the white top and is the same price as the 2020 if I order. I could get over the top, since half the year it would be black with the cloth top.

My gut says order the 2020.
The problem I have with the 2.0 at least on the current models is all the stuff that hangs down low.. Not sure if the new 2020 design removes that.. but I know skid plates run about 1500 or more to cover it all up. just something to consider.

·
Super Moderator
2,728 Posts
The problem I have with the 2.0 at least on the current models is all the stuff that hangs down low.. Not sure if the new 2020 design removes that.. but I know skid plates run about 1500 or more to cover it all up. just something to consider.
Only the 2020 Sahara (both 2.0L & 3.6L) gets “all the stuff that hangs low” with BSG.

They removed BSG from the 2.0L on the Sport and Rubicon

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
Only the 2020 Sahara (both 2.0L & 3.6L) gets “all the stuff that hangs low” with BSG.

They removed BSG from the 2.0L on the Sport and Rubicon
good to know.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I placed the order today.

Have a perfect TJ 2005 6 Speed with 16k miles. Will probably sell it, I don’t think I have room for both in my condo spaces.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So.... I placed the order on my Jeep on August 28th, and Jeep just told me "it is build and awaiting the installation of additional accessories" I assume that is the door sill guards. This is my third order, and the other two came in within 21-24 days. I think it is because I am ordering from Indiana/Ohio and there is no rail?

I had a VIN in like a day, and it being built already seems crazy fast - no?

·
Registered
351 Posts
So.... I placed the order on my Jeep on August 28th, and Jeep just told me "it is build and awaiting the installation of additional accessories" I assume that is the door sill guards. This is my third order, and the other two came in within 21-24 days. I think it is because I am ordering from Indiana/Ohio and there is no rail?

I had a VIN in like a day, and it being built already seems crazy fast - no?

I ordered mine on the 29th and it's already on a train headed for California!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Is there something specific about my order that is slowing it down? Do any of you have thoughts on that?

I realize I am being totally unreasonably impatient. But the TJ needs a sibling stat.

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
You were good til I got to automatic transmission.
Soooooo close.
Once upon a time I loved the manual tranny. With the newer auto and override to manual I see no reason to ever clutch again.

I just ordered a 2020 with almost your exact same list but Hellayella and I keep the fender flares black like the top. How are you checking on your order status? I have never ordered a Jeep before.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Once upon a time I loved the manual tranny. With the newer auto and override to manual I see no reason to ever clutch again.

I just ordered a 2020 with almost your exact same list but Hellayella and I keep the fender flares black like the top. How are you checking on your order status? I have never ordered a Jeep before.
Go to Jeep Chat. Live chat. Give them you vin and they will give you your build status.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts