Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JL Wrangler Forums broke news of a Recon package being offered on 2020 Rubicons.

Unlike the original Recon, this JL iteration looks to be more of an appearance package with some Mopar parts thrown in, and less unique hardware.

Here are the specs:

·
Super Moderator
9,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unlike the original Recon, which included a beefier from axle and diff covers, the focus on this one appears to be mostly cosmetic.

Sales must be running behind expectations to be slapping a black grille, matte stickers and red seatbelts onto a Rubicon this early in the game.

·
Super Moderator
2,344 Posts
Unlike the original Recon, which included a beefier from axle and diff covers, the focus on this one appears to be mostly cosmetic.
Really shouldn’t be a surprise. All the JL special editions (from JK equivalent) have been sticker packages so far.

The Freedom and Willys editions for JL did not get an optional rear locker or lower gearing like JK did.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I like the appearance but it's very disappointing that it's purely a sticker package like the MOAB was and not unique in any way.

·
Super Moderator
9,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Really shouldn’t be a surprise. All the JL special editions (from JK equivalent) have been sticker packages so far.

The Freedom and Willys editions for JL did not get an optional rear locker or lower gearing like JK did.
Ugh...

·
Registered
154 Posts
JL Wrangler Forums broke news of a Recon package being offered on 2020 Rubicons.

Unlike the original Recon, this JL iteration looks to be more of an appearance package with some Mopar parts thrown in, and less unique hardware.

Here are the specs:
I dig it! If at any point it comes in a 2-door manual with the Pentastar motor, I will seriously consider placing an order.

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
So, it's $2755 more than a regular rubicon but for your $2755 you get standard;

Steel bumpers - normally $1295
Wheel Upgrade - normally $995
LED light group - normally $795
Color matched fenders - normally $495
Enhanced Rock Rails - normally $495 (i think)
Bumper hoop - normally $195 (i think)
Trail gear bag - normally $295

That adds up to more than $2755 plus you get the special badges/decals.

Seems like an alright deal if you were going to add most of those things to a regular Rubicon anyways.

Reactions: RaiderRUBICON

·
Super Moderator
9,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
  • The black grille is +$300 —of course it doesn’t cost FCA nearly that much, especially since it would be eschewing the painted grille which likely costs more
  • I don’t think this package includes the painted fenders.
  • The wheels in this package are not the optional Rubicon off-road wheels; they look more like the wheels standard on JT Rubicon.
  • Doesn't the regular Rubicon come with the trail bag?

·
Registered
106 Posts
The enhanced rock rails are closer to a thousand, so it's an even better deal. Does "2.0 BSG" engine mean it's the Belt Start Generator version that's not available on 2020 Rubis? I'm currently looking for a 2019 Rubi instead of the 2020 because I actually want BSG to smooth out the stop start, so this is pretty interesting to me...

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
  • I don’t think this package includes the painted fenders.
  • Doesn't the regular Rubicon come with the trail bag?
Description says "body color surrounds" which i think means the fenders. Also, the pic shows the fenders the same silver as the body. That's what led me to believe the fenders are color matched.

My Rubicon did not come with the trail bag.

·
Premium Member
9,910 Posts
What's with the black fender vent?

I guess when you've overpriced your only cash cow, you're left with distasteful sticker packages.

Reactions: aldo90731

·
Premium Member
2,772 Posts
The enhanced rock rails are closer to a thousand, so it's an even better deal. Does "2.0 BSG" engine mean it's the Belt Start Generator version that's not available on 2020 Rubis? I'm currently looking for a 2019 Rubi instead of the 2020 because I actually want BSG to smooth out the stop start, so this is pretty interesting to me...
Just turn off the start/stop with a third party plug-in. I cannot remember the name of the one I got but it sure works great. It holds my choice of stop/start or just keep running. Someone else might remember the name of the product.

·
Super Moderator
9,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Description says "body color surrounds" which i think means the fenders. Also, the pic shows the fenders the same silver as the body. That's what led me to believe the fenders are color matched.

My Rubicon did not come with the trail bag.
The “body-color surrounds” refers to the body-color moldings around the black grille. The grille surrounds are black on the new Willys; they are color-matched on Rubicons.

Yes, I know, that sounds pathetic. But goes to show how ridiculous Jeep has become with its sticker editions.

·
Super Moderator
9,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just turn off the start/stop with a third party plug-in. I cannot remember the name of the one I got but it sure works great. It holds my choice of stop/start or just keep running. Someone else might remember the name of the product.
Tazer.

·
Super Moderator
9,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
What's with the black fender vent?

I guess when you've overpriced your only cash cow, you're left with distasteful sticker packages.

PixelDecals has been selling the vent blackout decal for months now for $35.

·
Super Moderator
2,344 Posts
So, it's $2755 more than a regular rubicon but for your $2755 you get standard;

Steel bumpers - normally $1295
Wheel Upgrade - normally $995
LED light group - normally $795
Color matched fenders - normally $495
Enhanced Rock Rails - normally $495 (i think)
Bumper hoop - normally $195 (i think)
Trail gear bag - normally $295

That adds up to more than $2755 plus you get the special badges/decals.

Seems like an alright deal if you were going to add most of those things to a regular Rubicon anyways.
Also $1,500 for the 2.0/automatic

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
60,900 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,344 Posts
Saw it’s on the website now to build. I had assumed the 2.0 BSG was just standard and the 3.6 would be an additional cost like normal... but It’s only available with the 2.0?! Talk about pushing CAFE hard.

We’re only 3 model years in on a 10-year product life cycle. Have to wonder if a 6-cylinder will survive another 7 years in the Wrangler.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts