Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hi SteedGun,

No, it is one of the plastic pieces near the back of the top on the driver's side. They said they were going to replace both the driver's and passengers side. I'm not sure how it happened, but I'm glad they admitted it and said they would take care of it. To be continued...

·
Super Moderator
9,267 Posts
Hi All,

I brought my jeep to the dealer yesterday to get the latches checked out. They said they were faulty and ordered new ones. They expect to have them in about a week and I'll let you know the result once they are installed. On my return, both the driver's side and passenger's side latches came undone, more than they stayed fastened, and I basically drove home with one hand on the wheel and one hand holding down the roof. I'm hoping new latches will solve that problem.

I have to say, if any of you are in Southern California and know someone looking for a Jeep, Rydell in San Fernando is fantastic. I almost didn't even consider them when I was looking, because they are pretty far away from me (in LA miles), but I have zero complaints from initial contact through my latest service call. I think so many people have bad dealer experiences, and I've had a few, but the entire team at Rydell deserves a shout out among Jeep enthusiasts. I don't work for them, they have just been really great.
Welcome to the forum!

Good to hear the dealer is taking care of you.

Let us know how you fare with this issue.

·
Premium Member
2,625 Posts
Well, I have an idea. I think they were torquing the top down while replacing the latches and got it too tight. Hopefully they get you all fixed soon. Here in Utah we just went to hot for us. 102. I still have the soft top on but I do close it all up when it gets this hot. Hopefully, next week we cool down. Top open and 70-85 degrees is heaven.

·
Premium Member
2,625 Posts
Do you have a max speed with this?
No, with the back windows out there is no speed restriction for me. I will not put it in writing here but let's just say I have been going faster than 80 MPH in the 75 MPH freeway sections in this mode.

·
Registered
12 Posts
No, with the back windows out there is no speed restriction for me. I will not put it in writing here but let's just say I have been going faster than 80 MPH in the 75 MPH freeway sections in this mode.
Appreciate it. I saw some photos of a JLU with the top on but the windows off and I kinda like it. This seems like the next step!

·
Premium Member
2,625 Posts
I did not put up a picture but you can also take the top all the way back. You can also remove four screws and take it all off. If you do that get someone to help you as it is not terribly heavy but quite cumbersome. I do it by myself but it would be best to have a second hand.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I did not put up a picture but you can also take the top all the way back. You can also remove four screws and take it all off. If you do that get someone to help you as it is not terribly heavy but quite cumbersome. I do it by myself but it would be best to have a second hand.
Nice to know it's that simple!

·
Premium Member
2,625 Posts
I really should just do a short video on the JL Mopar Soft Top but it is too dang hot out there! Maybe next week.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts