Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014 JKUR
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'm the new kid with the mid-year purchase of a 2014 JKUR. I live over near Glenwood Springs on the western slope. What are everyone's plans for getting out and about this year, or what's normal for the Colorado clan....any group stuff happen? And what kind of upgrade plans do you hope to take care of in 2021?

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
You need to meet Zenman323. He is Colorado and I think he goes out quite a bit. Not sure if he is near Glenwood or not.

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Middle of winter and the CO forum gets pretty quiet. Lots of runs posted come May/June/July. Just keep an eye out.

2021 plans for me--replace control arm bushings (on hand), replace rear axle bearings (on hand), tie rod flip (on hand), new sway bar mounts (on hand), new tires, and retiring the TJ as a DD.

Reactions: zgfiredude

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
Welcome to the group!!
Middle of winter and the CO forum gets pretty quiet. Lots of runs posted come May/June/July. Just keep an eye out.
Agreed.
there will be a run around April 1st in Buena Vista (probably the 3rd)
I plan on getting out more this year and exploring some more over your way. some of the bigger plans are the typical "Hooray for Ouray" late July, Moab around Memorial Day and a trip to Sedona.
Most of us are in the front range so it makes it a little more difficult for you to meet up on the closer runs however there are several throughout the summer that are between us.
Life is a little slower this summer I hope.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Welcome! Hopefully it's a good year for wheeling. I'm not sure how much I'll get out this year, but hopefully it'll be at least a few trips.

·
Premium Member
2014 JKUR
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies and info. I look forward to meeting some of you going forward. Later this week I'm headed down to Mesa, Az to pick up the off roady teardrop camper we've had on order for months. We are excited to get it home!

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
Welcome! I’m in the Denver area and we try and go out every few weeks for a short run. Many trails close seasonally so take a look before you go. Also, most rides I’m part of originate on either Instagram or Facebook. There a few posted here but they seem to be limited to an annual run in the Buena Vista area. I think what happens mostly is a group becomes friends and then arrange rides outside of the site, etc.

The “problem” I’ve had lately is the snowy and icy conditions can cause a short ride to become a long one. Two weekends ago what should have been a two hour ride turned into six or so because of assistance given to one Jeep that wasn’t ready for the conditions and another that broke an axle shaft for similar reasons. Last weekend we spent an hour helping a stranger get unstuck from some deep snow after they had slid into a tree sideways. I’m not complaining because I’ve needed help before and am happy to help when I can.

If you do go out, try and go with someone and have some good recovery gear. Also, you’re in an area that was impacted by some large fires last summer and fall. The trails may not be closed due to current conditions but possibly due to fire damage.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
ZG what modifications does your jeep have? This helps when you consider trails.

I have a few plans too, Chokecherry near Farmington NM early spring, Moab for Memorial day, April Phools run in April, Holy Cross this summer for sure, plus a bunch of others too.

Changes to the rig, get rid of that damn rear spool, hydro assist at some time, then start compiling parts for the next big change.

Sent from my AGS2-L03 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2014 JKUR
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, at the moment it's a Rubicon, 4.10s, 1.5" Teraflex spring lift on 32s........by the time we are out this spring it will have 2.5" AEV lift and 34s.

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Point at the internet site where can learn about the trail. I did not know there was a Jeep trail to Holy Cross. I have heard about a hiking trail but not a Jeep trail. I have seen the mountain from the top of a ski resort near there. Those canyons are big and rugged.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Look at Trip to Holy Cross July 18. That was this year.

Sent from my AGS2-L03 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Holy Cross has become a yearly one. Lots of fun, but you need to be built for it. We've seen numerous broken ujoints, bent tie rods, bent driveshafts, broken axle shafts, and more.

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Nice. I think that looks to be well above my 2" Mopar lift and 35s. That is some serious Jeepin right there. Thanks.

Did you guys end up winching much of that?

·
Premium Member
2014 JKUR
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Agrreed, that looks like a blast, but above where my rig is currently or will be by summer! If anyone wants a passenger, I'll meet you over there! :D

·
Sponsoring Vendor
'13 JK
4,692 Posts
@SteedGun you can do it haha. with the right crew and some assistance, you'll get through it. Now carnage canyon though... thats a different story 😅 . Hope I bump into yall on the trails this year. Did a good bit last year (wheeler, rainbow, pearl, black bear x2, imogene, engineer, argentine, red cone, champion) the close but fun usuals.

-Julia

1 - 20 of 21 Posts