Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im badly waiting to order my first ever wrangler . but before i place the order i would love to see what they will offer for 2022.
in many forums i have seen that they may simply carry over the same from 2021. but i do not want to regret even for a small thing if it is something i like.

it is already august. hope they will soon announce their 2022s.

anyone know during what time of the year jeep announce their lineup for next year? when can i expect to see 2022 options ?

thank you

·
Registered
467 Posts
Aha, salesmen at two different Jeep dealerships both told me, within the last two weeks, that the 2022 ordering period would likely open some time in November. So I would guess that we should know all the details about the 2022s at that time.

But for what it's worth, I am in the same boat as you regarding deciding between the 2021s vs the 2022s. There is one potential change in the particular trim level (Willys Sport) I'm interested in that I have read may come in 2022 (a currently optional feature becoming standard, that being the UConnect4 system with the 7-inch screen), and it is change that I would NOT want, so that inclines me to order a 2021 now. On the other hand, that change may not happen, and I would like to find out what (possible new) colors will be offered in 2022. Those are the only two meaningful differences between the two model years that, from what I know, seem very possible at this point.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Aha, salesmen at two different Jeep dealerships both told me, within the last two weeks, that the 2022 ordering period would likely open some time in November. So I would guess that we should know all the details about the 2022s at that time.

But for what it's worth, I am in the same boat as you regarding deciding between the 2021s vs the 2022s. There is one potential change in the particular trim level (Willys Sport) I'm interested in that I have read may come in 2022 (a currently optional feature becoming standard, that being the UConnect4 system with the 7-inch screen), and it is change that I would NOT want, so that inclines me to order a 2021 now. On the other hand, that change may not happen, and I would like to find out what (possible new) colors will be offered in 2022. Those are the only two meaningful differences between the two model years that, from what I know, seem very possible at this point.
I'm also waiting to order a 2022 Willys Sport, I would like to see the Premium Soft Top offered as an option, plus AppleCarPlay offered in the standard stock radio. Just one other thing, Bikini Pearl offered as a color choice. I guess if none of this happens I will just do without those features.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I'm also waiting to order a 2022 Willys Sport, I would like to see the Premium Soft Top offered as an option, plus AppleCarPlay offered in the standard stock radio. Just one other thing, Bikini Pearl offered as a color choice. I guess if none of this happens I will just do without those features.
Trainman, I've been looking at photos of that Bikini color on Jeeps, and I am really warming up to it. Let's see if the rumors of its return in 2022 turn out to be true!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
even i liked bikini pearl. but i am kind of fixed towards ordering sarge green. only thing i am waiting is weather they will give any more options for willys like steel bumper or may be bigger tyre.. well i dont really know what i am expecting.. but i hope something :)

but do you guys know if they announce 2022 can we still order 2021 ?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i was also looking for soft top(what i actually want) but i realized downgrading is easy than upgrade if i change my mind later. so going for hard top as the default option.

·
Registered
467 Posts
even i liked bikini pearl. but i am kind of fixed towards ordering sarge green. only thing i am waiting is weather they will give any more options for willys like steel bumper or may be bigger tyre.. well i dont really know what i am expecting.. but i hope something :)

but do you guys know if they announce 2022 can we still order 2021 ?
Aha, no, we will not be able to order any 2021s once the 2022 model year ordering period has opened. Both salesmen were very clear on this point, and it would be consistent with the normal procedure for most new vehicles. So it's order a 2021 within the next two months, or order a 2022 after that. I just hope that SOME solid information on the 2022s will leak out before the 2021 model year ordering period has closed.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Aha, no, we will not be able to order any 2021s once the 2022 model year ordering period has opened. Both salesmen were very clear on this point, and it would be consistent with the normal procedure for most new vehicles. So it's order a 2021 within the next two months, or order a 2022 after that. I just hope that SOME solid information on the 2022s will leak out before the 2021 model year ordering period has closed.
oh thats sad to hear. i will be even shocked if they take out willys. me too digging every possible article to see some authentic leaked information. will update here if i find something.

🤞

·
Registered
467 Posts
oh thats sad to hear. i will be even shocked if they take out willys. me too digging every possible article to see some authentic leaked information. will update here if i find something.

🤞
Aha, I think it is exceedingly unlikely that Stellantis would eliminate the Willys or Willys Sport models for 2022! I hope that I did not even hint at such a thing, as I did not mean to if I did. It is highly likely that if there are ANY changes between 2021 and 2022, they will be very minor, aside from available colors, which we all know Jeep likes to switch up fairly regularly.

·
Super Moderator
11,801 Posts
Ordering the hardtop is always the better move even if you plan to get a soft top afterwards.

When you order the hardtop, they include the switchgear, wiring and the fluid lines for the rear wiper and squirter; you get none when you order the soft top. Buying and installing the wiper & washer switches and wiring afterwards gets pricey fast.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Aha, I think it is exceedingly unlikely that Stellantis would eliminate the Willys or Willys Sport models for 2022! I hope that I did not even hint at such a thing, as I did not mean to if I did. It is highly likely that if there are ANY changes between 2021 and 2022, they will be very minor, aside from available colors, which we all know Jeep likes to switch up fairly regularly.
It does seem that when the new models come out that not all the models are offered at first, models like the Base Model, Sport, Rubicon, are always out first and them the other follow along in time. Now since there should be no real changes for the 2022 models, I see no reason that all models wouldn't carry over from the 2021 lineup. I don't see the Willys model really ever going away any time soon, it's too popular.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Ordering the hardtop is always the better move even if you plan to get a soft top afterwards.

When you order the hardtop, they include the switchgear, wiring and the fluid lines for the rear wiper and squirter; you get none when you order the soft top. Buying and installing the wiper & washer switches and wiring afterwards gets pricey fast.
I bought a new JKU with the soft top, and then had to purchase the hard top, and the hardtop kit (which included the air control knobs, along with some other stuff). If the process for the JL/JTs is similar to the JKs, it is a royal pain… Especially if doing it yourself. I’m with you, buy it with the hard top.
I bought my JT with the hard top.

·
Registered
51 Posts
What are air control knobs?
I mean the hvac control (the fan, temp, etc) assembly. A new multifunction switch for the rear defroster was also included. Just going off memory. Again, this is for the JK and it may be different on JL/JT.

looks like the JL hard top kit is Mopar82215312AC

·
Registered
263 Posts
Since I'm looking at the Willys Sport base model with the A/C option and probably the Hard Top option as you can't get the Premium Soft Top option in the Willys Sport at this time, I personally don't want the base soft top, just doesn't look that well over time. I would also like to see Gorilla Glass as an option, but on the 2021 it is not offered at this time in the Willys Sport. Since I can only get the base radio system I would hope that the 2022's will add AppleCarPlay in the base radio in the 2022 models, but this probably won't happen either. As you can see I want a pretty bare bones Jeep, I want it to remind me of my younger days back in the 1960's, standard trans and the feel of just cruising around town with the top down (or off). I probably will not do much off roading as I pretty much got my feel of it riding off road motorcycles over the past 50 years. I will be taking the Willys decals off the hood and putting on the old style Islander decals, not the new style and change out the wheels for some chrome reverse wheels and BF Goodrich white lettered Radial T/A's. Yes, it will be my TOY and a street machine.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Since I'm looking at the Willys Sport base model with the A/C option and probably the Hard Top option as you can't get the Premium Soft Top option in the Willys Sport at this time, I personally don't want the base soft top, just doesn't look that well over time. I would also like to see Gorilla Glass as an option, but on the 2021 it is not offered at this time in the Willys Sport. Since I can only get the base radio system I would hope that the 2022's will add AppleCarPlay in the base radio in the 2022 models, but this probably won't happen either. As you can see I want a pretty bare bones Jeep, I want it to remind me of my younger days back in the 1960's, standard trans and the feel of just cruising around town with the top down (or off). I probably will not do much off roading as I pretty much got my feel of it riding off road motorcycles over the past 50 years. I will be taking the Willys decals off the hood and putting on the old style Islander decals, not the new style and change out the wheels for some chrome reverse wheels and BF Goodrich white lettered Radial T/A's. Yes, it will be my TOY and a street machine.
I'm mostly there with you on all of that, Trainman. I really want what most people would consider a stripped-down Jeep, with the exception of having an air conditioner and certain accessories pertaining to my climate and projected uses, such as an engine block heater and fuel filler door (how the latter is not standard on all Jeeps just makes me scratch my head), also the Mopar performance rock rails and heavier brakes (an aftermarket addition). I'd ideally like to get the Gorilla Glass as well, but that is not an offered option in the Willys Sport.

The main difference between us is that my Jeep will be my 'daily driver' --- well, so to speak, as I don't drive every day nor have a daily commute. But soon enough it will be my ONLY vehicle, so I have to consider all potential vehicle use scenarios for my Jeep, such as carrying relatively heavy loads, and towing, in addition to highway driving and off-road use.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
reading this, i suggest go for willys. you get everything you want and you can make all modifications you want too. only thing you may not want in willys will be the power windows right ? but if anyway you are taking off the doors, then that doesnt matter. you get to choose all other options you want in willys and i believe LED lights are good to have.

just my suggestion :)

·
Super Moderator
11,801 Posts
Good news for those looking to buy a Jeep: used vehicle prices appear to have peaked and are starting to come down. https://news.yahoo.com/us-used-car-bubble-burst-141009925.html

Automakers continue having supply issues, but looks like the demand half of the equation is now headed for a correction.

The used market is about twice the size of the new-vehicle market. So yeah, used market values impact new vehicle prices.

·
Registered
263 Posts
reading this, i suggest go for willys. you get everything you want and you can make all modifications you want too. only thing you may not want in willys will be the power windows right ? but if anyway you are taking off the doors, then that doesnt matter. you get to choose all other options you want in willys and i believe LED lights are good to have.

just my suggestion :)
The Willys Sport does not come with P Windows, P Door Lock, and comes with the stock 5" base radio. As far a mods go, I will not be adding anything to the Jeep, I keep my Jeep just as it comes from the factory, except for a trailer hitch which I probably won't use much, if any. I've never taken my doors off and only let the soft top down to the open possession overhead on my 2017 Willys. If I wanted the Willys that comes with all the extra stuff I would get it, but it's about $4000 more, remember I'm buying a TOY to cruise the streets in, not a off road vehicle, I will be lucky to put 1500/2000 miles per year on it.

·
Registered
467 Posts
The Willys Sport does not come with P Windows, P Door Lock, and comes with the stock 5" base radio. As far a mods go, I will not be adding anything to the Jeep, I keep my Jeep just as it comes from the factory, except for a trailer hitch which I probably won't use much, if any. I've never taken my doors off and only let the soft top down to the open possession overhead on my 2017 Willys. If I wanted the Willys that comes with all the extra stuff I would get it, but it's about $4000 more, remember I'm buying a TOY to cruise the streets in, not a off road vehicle, I will be lucky to put 1500/2000 miles per year on it.
You know, Trainman, I like the fact that the Willys Sport does NOT (yet) have power windows, power locks, or the bigger touch screen (and that I can get manual transmission with it, too). Give me knobs and buttons over stupid touch screen controls any day!

I will be adding a number of accessories and mods to my Jeep, though. But almost all of them will be purely functional things that will pertain to my use of the Jeep, such as beefed-up brakes, air springs for the back end, LED headlights, and an ESS disabling module. The one mod I am looking into right now, which would be the single biggest one, is an aluminum front bumper, as I just don't think I'd feel comfortable with just that flimsy plastic bumper out front (yeah, I know there's SOME steel hidden in it somewhere). The steel ones would add just too much weight for me, and I am very leery of any of them not rusting out after just one winter.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts