Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
41 - 60 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
My 2017 Willys 2 dr. was the Willys model with all power and automatic trans and it had the Premium Soft top option. I will say that I totally enjoyed it, but since it was a third vehicle and I only put some 3600 miles on it in 3 years I sold it, wish I didn't now, but that's life. So now the same vehicle will cost me some $4000 more which isn't the problem, but once again I will be driving even less, or about the same as the 2017. At this time in my life (76 years old) the more the vehicle takes me back to my days in the 1960's and crushing the streets of Dallas, Texas, the more I will enjoy it. Why the Willys Sport model over just a stand Jeep, it would work just fine for what I want a Jeep for, but for me the Willys just says Jeep and feel it still has that off road appeal. For me the Willys with a 6 spd. manual just says old school and not having all the power options fits the bill. To be honest, I will probably remove the Willys decal on the hood and install the old style Islander decals on the hood and sides and it will become a street cruiser and will never see much of the off road that many Jeeps see. View attachment 4520941
beautiful jeep. but overall this looks like rubicon ?

·
Registered
143 Posts
I was told 10/6 for order banks to open. Orders placed 10/7. It's odd they don't have any information about 2022 at this juncture. Maybe they are all discontinued. :LOL:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Will the Build and Price website change to 2022 models when the new 2022 order blanks are available to dealers some where around the 1st week of October. When 2022 are available to order will the 2021 orders cease at that time, or will you still be able to order both for a specific time period. Since I don't expect much of a change, if any on the 2022's, my only reason for see the 2022 Build and Price is to see if any options will be offered in models that are not currently offered. I would like to see better option offerings on tires, premium soft top on all models, Gorilla glass on all models, Upgrade radios, there are pretty more options that are just a change on the assembly line and don't require other options to make them work, or to install them. I'm still looking at the Willys Sport with only A/C as an option, but to have a Premium Soft Top and Gorilla Glass as an option offered on this model would be nice, but it is not offered.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Will the Build and Price website change to 2022 models when the new 2022 order blanks are available to dealers some where around the 1st week of October. When 2022 are available to order will the 2021 orders cease at that time, or will you still be able to order both for a specific time period. Since I don't expect much of a change, if any on the 2022's, my only reason for see the 2022 Build and Price is to see if any options will be offered in models that are not currently offered. I would like to see better option offerings on tires, premium soft top on all models, Gorilla glass on all models, Upgrade radios, there are pretty more options that are just a change on the assembly line and don't require other options to make them work, or to install them. I'm still looking at the Willys Sport with only A/C as an option, but to have a Premium Soft Top and Gorilla Glass as an option offered on this model would be nice, but it is not offered.
the moment 2022 models are open for ordering 2021 is gone. dealers will not be able to place order.(today my dealer confirmed). i am negotiating to place the order now for 2021 and accept a change if i like something on 2022. also i am concerned about price change. you may have to pay extra for nothing if the simply hike the price.

·
Super Moderator
11,801 Posts
The online Build and Price lags the dealer ordering system by several weeks.

The two tools play different roles: the Build and Price is primarily an inventory locator tool that looks at vehicles already sitting on dealer lots and, as such, looks backward; the ordering tool is primarily a production scheduling tool and, as such, looks forward.

The prices and colors shown online normally differ from those on the dealers’ ordering system. Especially with Jeep monkeying around with prices every other week.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
hi guys, i am happy to tell that i have placed by order for 2021 with a dealer promise that they will (happily, may be less happily) let me change to 2022 for any reason if i want to.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 · (Edited)
Heard from the dealer that 2022 are open and for 2 dr Manual 700$increase and 4:88 gear available for cost of 900. Worth it ? May be I will start a new thread. But thought will let you guys know

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
guys I changed my order. I changed my 2021 rubicon to 2022 rubicon. Main reason is it costed 1200 less. Second reason I decided to got with 4.88 ratio.

base price is +700 and aprox 900 for 4.88 gearing. But with my other configurations my total is 1200 less. Lotof things come standard with 2022. Bigger display with premium audio, remote keyless entry , these are standard.Means u get lot of things for 700 they increased if you are fan of those features.

·
Super Moderator
11,801 Posts
guys I changed my order. I changed my 2021 rubicon to 2022 rubicon. Main reason is it costed 1200 less. Second reason I decided to got with 4.88 ratio.

base price is +700 and aprox 900 for 4.88 gearing. But with my other configurations my total is 1200 less. Lotof things come standard with 2022. Bigger display with premium audio, remote keyless entry , these are standard.Means u get lot of things for 700 they increased if you are fan of those features.
That’s good to hear.

Sounds like Jeep took Bronco’s challenge seriously.

·
Registered
8 Posts

I'm ordering a 2022 4Dr - same here / same thoughts too regarding the Bronco. Interesting, I had put down $100 for a Bronco reservation and just on Friday evening, received an email regarding my build. If I were to purchase one - Wildtrak, I would have been close to my purchase price of my 2022 Rubicon XTREME Build, Plus the fact, they have yet to mention the 2022 pricing and the big thing - the Molded Roof is NOT Standard in 2022 on the Bronco. The only thing I really wanted was the Manual Transmission w/4.88 ratio which is NOT available on the 4 Door Rubicon with the XTREME Package.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Still waiting for a build date on my 21 Rubi ordered 6/1. Shrug.
Would change mine to a 22, but would hate to get in the back of the line again and wait another 5 months. I am told since I have a vin it will def be built before 22s begin, so I guess it has to be soon now?!
Its not even a Hemi.
Yes, been in contact with dealer but he has nothing. They won’t tell him what part is the hangup either. And he has received over a 100 builds that he placed after mine.
Very disappointed.
Troy

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Inside sources have been saying for a long while that 2023 is the mid-cycle refresh year for JL/JT and the Ram HD line. With that news, and all that's going on in the world right now with a pandemic and chip shortage and all.... I'd be shocked if 2022 was anything other than a carry-over year.

They'll do 2 maybe 3 new colors. And maybe a new trim package. But the 2022 will not be new and won't have anything you can't already get on a 2021. You can bet there's going to be a substantial price increase though.

That's why I went ahead and ordered a 2021. Picked it up this summer and have been loving it.
..... and this is exactly what happened.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
I'm ordering a 2022 4Dr - same here / same thoughts too regarding the Bronco. Interesting, I had put down $100 for a Bronco reservation and just on Friday evening, received an email regarding my build. If I were to purchase one - Wildtrak, I would have been close to my purchase price of my 2022 Rubicon XTREME Build, Plus the fact, they have yet to mention the 2022 pricing and the big thing - the Molded Roof is NOT Standard in 2022 on the Bronco. The only thing I really wanted was the Manual Transmission w/4.88 ratio which is NOT available on the 4 Door Rubicon with the XTREME Package.
my understanding is, xrecon is available only on 4dr automatic. and automatic doesnt offer 4.88 ratio.
4 dr & 2dr manual 2022 offers 4.88 (remember 33" wheel only. no 35 no XR package.

so your wish "Manual Transmission w/4.88 ratio" is possible (only that). you may check with dealer again.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Still waiting for a build date on my 21 Rubi ordered 6/1. Shrug.
Would change mine to a 22, but would hate to get in the back of the line again and wait another 5 months. I am told since I have a vin it will def be built before 22s begin, so I guess it has to be soon now?!
Its not even a Hemi.
Yes, been in contact with dealer but he has nothing. They won’t tell him what part is the hangup either. And he has received over a 100 builds that he placed after mine.
Very disappointed.
Troy
i had the same thought while changing from 2021 to 2022. i knew that i am going to be back in the line again. but the huge price difference and 4.88 , i fell for that. i still have half regret. also, i assuming that no one will order 2021 at the end, so there wont not be much backlog. but seeing your message :( i think i will have a long wait,

hope they prioritize my manual 2 door (baby :) wish it had a separate assembly line ;-)

41 - 60 of 108 Posts