Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
61 - 80 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Got word today that 2022 Wrangler order window likely will not be open til January. I’m going in tomorrow and if the price is right I’ll order an Xtreme Recon. No worries if it’s not here before Christmas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
654 Posts
Nope. I ordered a 22 today officially…that is to supplement my 21 I ordered on 6/1! Builds for 22s will start 12/1 I believe I was told.
Troy

Reactions: aha4x4

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Nope. I ordered a 22 today officially…that is to supplement my 21 I ordered on 6/1! Builds for 22s will start 12/1 I believe I was told.
Troy
Must be in US only. No 22 for Canada at all. I was waiting to see what new colors were coming out.
Any idea what the new colors are for 22?

·
Registered
654 Posts
Added 4.88s And Gorilla glass. No tie down system for 22, and the all weather floor mats are advised not to get as there is some big hangup on getting them the dealer told me. Hope that isn’t what has been holding up my 21!
If my 21 miraculously comes in, I may keep that instead of the 22. Not sure yet, but wanted the option.
Troy

Reactions: aha4x4

·
Registered
467 Posts
@Chugiakguy did you place the order? howz it going ?
Hello Aha, glad to hear about your order for your Rubicon! I know that you, like me, have been spending a lot of time researching and thinking about what you want from your Jeep, and what you want in your Jeep.

I have not placed my order yet. At this point, I am of course expecting to order a 2022 and not a 2021, so I will probably wait until January before placing the order. Ideally, and for some complicated reasons I won't go into right now, I do not want to take possession of the Jeep until the spring, which means late April or May up here. So I do not want to order it TOO early, only to possibly have it sitting out in the elements down at the dealership in Idaho for several extra months. But I'll have to play that by ear --- if it looks like Jeep deliveries are getting delayed or extended, then I might move up my order.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Added 4.88s And Gorilla glass. No tie down system for 22, and the all weather floor mats are advised not to get as there is some big hangup on getting them the dealer told me. Hope that isn’t what has been holding up my 21!
If my 21 miraculously comes in, I may keep that instead of the 22. Not sure yet, but wanted the option.
Troy
same thing. there was a popup with warning when he choose all weather floor mats. he said they may keep it aside if any part is missing. so he asked me not to choose it to avoid any unnecessary delay. when i was ordering 21 (Oct 5th) that option was gone for me. so that could be a reason for delay of 21s. i am also thinking if my 21 order arrives and 22 order did not moved i may also think of switch back..

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Hello Aha, glad to hear about your order for your Rubicon! I know that you, like me, have been spending a lot of time researching and thinking about what you want from your Jeep, and what you want in your Jeep.

I have not placed my order yet. At this point, I am of course expecting to order a 2022 and not a 2021, so I will wait until late January or some time in February before placing the order. Ideally, for some complicated reasons, I do not want to take possession of the Jeep until the spring, which means late April or May up here. So I do not want to order it TOO early, only to possibly have it sitting out in the elements down at the dealership in Idaho for several extra months. But I'll have to play that by ear --- if it looks like Jeep deliveries are getting delayed or extended, then I might move up my order.
yeah its been long time we are hearing breaking head for this or that. for me its kind of an end. now i am breaking head on what next to do on my jeep once it arrives.
will wait to see your final build :) may be by end of the year you may also see how 2022 looks like.. lot of standards could be changes. i know only about rubicon. not sure about other trims.. hope they will update the website soon.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
My order went in today for a 2021. In Canada the 2022 will not be available to order until the new year. My custom order will be in likely untill March.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
My order went in today for a 2021. In Canada the 2022 will not be available to order until the new year. My custom order will be in likely untill March.

does canada have different factory ? or is built in same factory ? i am just wondering if they still accept 2021 and stop that in USA how will this work.

·
Registered
467 Posts
yeah its been long time we are hearing breaking head for this or that. for me its kind of an end. now i am breaking head on what next to do on my jeep once it arrives.
will wait to see your final build :) may be by end of the year you may also see how 2022 looks like.. lot of standards could be changes. i know only about rubicon. not sure about other trims.. hope they will update the website soon.
Yes, Aha, I realize that there could still potentially be some changes from the 2021s to the 2022s, changes that I might not like. But with 2023 apparently being the 'big year' for the next remodeling of the Jeep Wrangler, I strongly suspect at this point that the changes from 2021 to 2022 will be minimal, if any. Most likely the biggest change(s) will be in colors, both in deleted old colors and in new colors. But I will probably go with Hydro Blue, unless there is a new color that I like more than that one. It will still be a 2-door manual transmission Willys Sport, that I am certain on.

·
Registered
467 Posts
There's only ONE Wrangler plant, located in Toledo, OH. They build both the Wrangler, and Gladiator.
I used to drive by the Jeep plant quite frequently when I lived in southern Michigan years ago, and would go down to Toledo to visit my aunt and uncle. That factory is BIG! And the highway that I would take to get to their house (I forgot the number now) runs right alongside of it.

·
Super Moderator
11,801 Posts
There's only ONE Wrangler plant, located in Toledo, OH. They build both the Wrangler, and Gladiator.
Pretty sure Wrangler is being produced at a newer, separate plant in Toledo. Gladiator is being produced at the old Wrangler plant.

The old Wrangler plant struggled to produce 200,000 JKs per year. The new plant is much larger.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Yup 2021 order desk is still open in Canada. I am told to expect a March 2022 delivery. They are also telling me the 2022 likely won’t be open till January.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Yup 2021 order desk is still open in Canada. I am told to expect a March 2022 delivery. They are also telling me the 2022 likely won’t be open till January.

if they are going to make 2021 till march i think they may have a parallel setup. because the guy in my dealer said once the 2022 enter the pipeline no more 2021.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Yes, Aha, I realize that there could still potentially be some changes from the 2021s to the 2022s, changes that I might not like. But with 2023 apparently being the 'big year' for the next remodeling of the Jeep Wrangler, I strongly suspect at this point that the changes from 2021 to 2022 will be minimal, if any. Most likely the biggest change(s) will be in colors, both in deleted old colors and in new colors. But I will probably go with Hydro Blue, unless there is a new color that I like more than that one. It will still be a 2-door manual transmission Willys Sport, that I am certain on.
colors dont expect anything new. i think what you see online now in 2021 are the colors available for 2022 at this point. dont know they will add anything later. but those were the one available to order in their system. im a really curious what will they do for remodeling on 2023. my guess is they may make it more fancy. they may target customers who are more beauty conscious. may be fancy interior, digital displays etc. but yeah you never know it could be a better touch look one too. anyways i will not wait for that. and my dealer guy was telling he dont believe they will do it. he says they will run JL at least for 10 years. it is selling like hot cake. his point is why they want to spend on remodeling when it is already in high demand.

on other note he told one shocking news. i asked him about 392. just to see. he said they got only 2 in the stock and it was sold for 50K above MSRP :oops:. if it is true i am wondering why people are so crazy and spoil the market for normal people.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
I used to drive by the Jeep plant quite frequently when I lived in southern Michigan years ago, and would go down to Toledo to visit my aunt and uncle. That factory is BIG! And the highway that I would take to get to their house (I forgot the number now) runs right alongside of it.
wow. you can try speeding up your build once you have your order placed :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
I tried to order a 2021 Rubicon in Gecko this week. Dealer old me that they have dropped special colours nor for the 2021 as they gear up for 2022. I decided to wait for the 2022. No idea what if any new colours will be available.

61 - 80 of 108 Posts