Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of January's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious if anyone would be interested in a single thread waiting room for 2022 orders. It's gonna be a long wait for us, figure would could all keep each other posted on progress.

I ordered a 22' JLUR on Dec. 4th and was told 12-16 weeks. Not sure how accurate that is, but regardless it'll be a long time. Also trading two vehicles, so I'm driving the old YJ for this time frame to try and not damage or add miles to my trades that might affect my trade values on my deal sheet.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sounds good. Production just started so good to know where we all stand. Ordered mine in November.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ordered a Willys on the 4th and was told it would be 4 months. A few days later I realized that I did in fact want the sun and sound package (what it was hadn't been explained to me at the first dealership) and tried to change my order. The dealership I did give my business to said it couldn't be done, but then they canceled my order and made a new one with the package on the 9th and told me since the parts for the package were on backorder, delivery for my vehicle was indefinite.

I really don't know how I'm supposed to wait. The good thing is, at least the warm weather will be approaching by the time I actually get it.

I saw on facebook groups there was a way to track your order using your VIN? I just got mine on Thursday but I don't have the link. Does anyone know it?

·
Retired Moderator
104,324 Posts
Ordered a Willys on the 4th and was told it would be 4 months. A few days later I realized that I did in fact want the sun and sound package (what it was hadn't been explained to me at the first dealership) and tried to change my order. The dealership I did give my business to said it couldn't be done, but then they canceled my order and made a new one with the package on the 9th and told me since the parts for the package were on backorder, delivery for my vehicle was indefinite.

I really don't know how I'm supposed to wait. The good thing is, at least the warm weather will be approaching by the time I actually get it.

I saw on facebook groups there was a way to track your order using your VIN? I just got mine on Thursday but I don't have the link. Does anyone know it?
Welcome to the Forum, from Cave Creek AZ.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I'm not sure about the link, but I'm curious how you got your vin. Did you ask for it or was it provided as an update?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm not sure about the link, but I'm curious how you got your vin. Did you ask for it or was it provided as an update?

My sales rep has my cell and he texted it to me when it became available. I told him considering what I was spending, I expected to be kept informed , even if the news wasn't good. A couple days after my initial order I got my VIN. It was like four days after I got mine when the second order went in.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The dealer should provide you with your vin. There also is Jeep chat that provide approximate status but you need your vin or von (vehicle order number) for that.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
WAITING:
2022 JLU Rubicon Xtreme Recon Granite Crystal
Ordered 10/14 I was told expect 20-24 weeks (March). 10 weeks down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Nice same color with mine too. Dang 20-24 weeks from October. Hopefully that's just because production hadn't started. Hopefully the 12-16 weeks is accurate for me.

Reactions: JTPhoto JK

·
Registered
1 Posts
We ordered our Unlimited Sport Altitude November 18th. Dealer called with the VIN on Nov. 21st and said 8-12 weeks from when production started on December 9th. Not holding our breath. Below is a site where you can track production once you have your VIN:
Hit "Track New Order" at the upper right and enter your info.

·
Registered
2022 JLU Rubicon
4 Posts
Ordered and got VON on 11/16/2021. Went into D1 by early December. Started build this week and finished as of today 12/22/2021. It is currently in inspection stage. I am hoping that it will be shipped this week or next week at the latest. 2022 JLU Rubicon XR.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Curious if anyone would be interested in a single thread waiting room for 2022 orders. It's gonna be a long wait for us, figure would could all keep each other posted on progress.

I ordered a 22' JLUR on Dec. 4th and was told 12-16 weeks. Not sure how accurate that is, but regardless it'll be a long time. Also trading two vehicles, so I'm driving the old YJ for this time frame to try and not damage or add miles to my trades that might affect my trade values on my deal sheet.
I waited 8 weeks for my 2019 rubicon, but it was so worth it. Just love it!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ordered and got VON on 11/16/2021. Went into D1 by early December. Started build this week and finished as of today 12/22/2021. It is currently in inspection stage. I am hoping that it will be shipped this week or next week at the latest. 2022 JLU Rubicon XR.
I ordered same model maybe they will run a batch of the xr's...
That seems fast

·
Registered
3 Posts
We ordered ours mid November and the dealer said 8-10 weeks. We haven't been provided a vin yet which has me concerned. We also ordered the once touch top which one of you mentioned is on back order.

1 - 20 of 155 Posts