Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1541 - 1560 of 1651 Posts

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Go look at the parking lot. Are there a lot of new cars sitting? My dealer has about 15 - give or take Wranglers there right now. All will be GONE this weekend because they have names on them and are sold "waiting to be picked up"

To me...if the dealer won't tell you is the way to tell.
That would be rather difficult in my case, with me living in Alaska and the dealer being located in Kentucky!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Dblxx, this is the third or fourth time that I've seen the concept of "dealer allocation" brought into the discussion about extended wait times for Jeep builds and deliveries.

How can one find out just what a given dealer's allocation actually is? Might the dealer I placed my order through have a high allocation or a low one? I have no idea, and no idea how to find that information out. But now you have me wondering if this might potentially explain my extended wait for my build.

If dealer allocation IS the problem with any given extended or lengthy wait, however, shouldn't the dealer know that, and tell the customer that, up front?
They woukd know.

Ask them how many arevleft on their allocation and if this is slowing your order.

Allocation really shouldn't affect production IMO. It will affect negotiations. If they only have 3 orders to fill, they aren't cutting deals. That said allocation restrictions should be lifting as backorder are filled with restored ability to get these built quicker.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was told 8 weeks but was expecting 12. This was last October. My dealer won’t take my calls. When I got someone I was told the jeep system was hacked and had been down for a few weeks. BS. Since it had been 6 months since I ordered, I called jeep and have been assigned a case and they were going to see if they can expedite build. All of the components are there and it has been in the scheduling phase for a month or more. So it may be another 7-8 weeks I am told. 😡

·
Registered
2022 JL 2 door Sport S Firecracker Red
6 Posts
I was told 8 weeks but was expecting 12. This was last October. My dealer won’t take my calls. When I got someone I was told the jeep system was hacked and had been down for a few weeks. BS. Since it had been 6 months since I ordered, I called jeep and have been assigned a case and they were going to see if they can expedite build. All of the components are there and it has been in the scheduling phase for a month or more. So it may be another 7-8 weeks I am told. 😡
This sucks. So unfair!! out of curiosity bc recently people have been posting about deposits - some didn’t have to pay one, some paid refundable ones, some non-refundable - did you have to pay one? I had to pay $1000 non-refundable deposit. I don’t understand why some people are getting their Jeeps while others have been in limbo for so long. It makes no sense to me. Hoping they didn’t take $1000 non-refundable deposit from you and now won’t take your calls.

·
Registered
8,089 Posts
It appears that the deposit may be $1000 suggested by FCA but it is the dealers discretion. My dealer asked for $1000 I told him I’d do $500 max, he said OK. If you have a good relationship with your dealer you may get away with lesser deposit. If they don’t know you then $1k would be the standard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Well, after sending the sales manager at the dealership a rather strongly-worded message/rant on Tuesday, expressing my frustration with the 15+ week delay in my build, I heard back from him today. He said that my frustration was totally justified, that he agreed that the situation was unacceptable, and that he has escalated the matter to his corporate rep and to that rep's superior, to see if they can tell him why the build has been held up so long, and to see if they can do anything to expedite the build.

The sales manager did suggest that the sheer simplicity of my build may be at least partially (and ironically) to blame for this long delay, as I have suspected may be the case. Left unsaid by him, but something that I even more strongly suspect, is that Jeep is prioritizing the most expensive builds, and deprioritizing the least expensive ones. I would not be surprised to find out, hypothetically (because we will never really know), that this latter suspicion were in fact true, and were completely responsible for the situation.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Well, after sending the sales manager at the dealership a rather strongly-worded message/rant on Tuesday, expressing my frustration with the 15+ week delay in my build, I heard back from him today. He said that my frustration was totally justified, that he agreed that the situation was unacceptable, and that he has escalated the matter to his corporate rep and to that rep's superior, to see if they can tell him why the build has been held up so long, and to see if they can do anything to expedite the build.

The sales manager did suggest that the sheer simplicity of my build may be at least partially (and ironically) to blame for this long delay, as I have suspected may be the case. Left unsaid by him, but something that I even more strongly suspect, is that Jeep is prioritizing the most expensive builds, and deprioritizing the least expensive ones. I would not be surprised to find out, hypothetically (because we will never really know), that this latter suspicion were in fact true, and were completely responsible for the situation.
I hope they are able to figure something out. You have been waiting longer than me. I will say mine is a 70k build so if priority was by price I should have had mine 2 months ago. lol I am giving mine 2 more weeks and doing the same thing since I am at 14 weeks. Good luck and keep us posted!!

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
I hope they are able to figure something out. You have been waiting longer than me. I will say mine is a 70k build so if priority was by price I should have had mine 2 months ago. lol I am giving mine 2 more weeks and doing the same thing since I am at 14 weeks. Good luck and keep us posted!!
Thank you Leslie, and I am sorry for your LONG wait as well!

Your case would seem to refute my theory about the prioritization of more-expensive builds, admittedly. Is there any feature or accessory that you can think of that might be causing the delay in your case? In mine, I really cannot, aside perhaps from the 5" UConnect screen, and the fact that I did not order air conditioning. Or maybe one or both of those things, combined with the manual transmission?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thank you Leslie, and I am sorry for your LONG wait as well!

Your case would seem to refute my theory about the prioritization of more-expensive builds, admittedly. Is there any feature or accessory that you can think of that might be causing the delay in your case? In mine, I really cannot, aside perhaps from the 5" UConnect screen, and the fact that I did not order air conditioning. Or maybe one or both of those things, combined with the manual transmission?
I thought maybe the cold weather package but seen others on here get theirs with that package. Same way with the LED and safety packages. Only thing I can think is I got the cold air intake. But if that is holding it up tell me and I will just do after market for that. My sales guy has been less than helpful! Just says it should be built soon. Well jackass you told me that 3 weeks ago...I am thinking an in person visit in a couple of weeks.

1541 - 1560 of 1651 Posts