Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1561 - 1580 of 1651 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Dealer called today and said she thought my Jeep had arrived and was waiting for it to be unloaded… false alarm not my order she said it’s showing KZS hopefully that’s not code for Jeep purgatory. Last location was Silver Creek not sure where that is.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
I thought maybe the cold weather package but seen others on here get theirs with that package. Same way with the LED and safety packages. Only thing I can think is I got the cold air intake. But if that is holding it up tell me and I will just do after market for that. My sales guy has been less than helpful! Just says it should be built soon. Well jackass you told me that 3 weeks ago...I am thinking an in person visit in a couple of weeks.
Yeah, I heard the same thing, "it'll be built soon!" two and a half months ago already.

·
Registered
16 Posts
UPDATE: Order placed 4/28 with dealer. Dealer placed order with Jeep on 4/29. My salesperson quit to go work for a Ford dealer on 5/1. No communication from the Jeep dealer until today. Sales manager called me for my email address so he could send the VIN and POC. The current status is D1. The "estimated ship date" is 5/24. As with all things in the Jeep dealer world, I'm not holding my breath. But at least it's apparently in D1 only 2 weeks after ordering.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
UPDATE: Order placed 4/28 with dealer. Dealer placed order with Jeep on 4/29. My salesperson quit to go work for a Ford dealer on 5/1. No communication from the Jeep dealer until today. Sales manager called me for my email address so he could send the VIN and POC. The current status is D1. The "estimated ship date" is 5/24. As with all things in the Jeep dealer world, I'm not holding my breath. But at least it's apparently in D1 only 2 weeks after ordering.
Garry, you have just joined several others on my official Hate List.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
603 Posts
And you will probably get yours before I do. Seems to be the trend right now. I am at 97 days and still not built and In D status. All my sales rep has said twice when I reached out was it should be soon.
@Leslie713 That is unfortunate. I think mine will take a while since it is a unicorn (almost all options). I am okay with waiting because this is my Military retirement present to my family and plan on it being the last jeep I purchase (yeah right, this is #5 ).

I do not plan on bugging the dealership for a few months because I am stuck overseas until October anyway. Maybe in July I will inquire again. If it shows up quick, I will be sure to update.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Seems a bit strange to me that you got the same "now in D1 status with estimated ship date of 5/24" that I got a couple of days ago. Beginning to make me wonder if that's just another"canned" response to shut customers up.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Garry, you have just joined several others on my official Hate List.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
It is so random how these things are built and shipped that it blows my mind. We've had ours now for 3 months (granted from a November 2021 order) and it was fully loaded with most every option including XR/LED/mats/winter package/etc - all the stuff that can/could delay things. I can't believe some people have October 2021 orders that aren't built yet. Really does make you wonder how these things are tracked and prioritized at the factory. AND you're using the same dealer we did who normally gets their stuff pretty quick I believe.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
It is so random how these things are built and shipped that it blows my mind.
X100!

Yes, I realize that the complexities of the manufacturing process are probably beyond my imagining, but nevertheless it still seems shameful and inexcusable that a fully loaded Jeep can go into the build process only two or three weeks after the order being placed, while others sit for four or five months with no movement whatsoever. Anyone responsible for such a situation should be hanging their head in shame.

EDIT for GSpencer: "... while others sit for four or five months, OR LONGER, with no movement whatsoever."

·
Registered
916 Posts
X100!

Yes, I realize that the complexities of the manufacturing process are probably beyond my imagining, but nevertheless it still seems shameful and inexcusable that a fully loaded Jeep can go into the build process only two or three weeks after the order being placed, while others sit for four or five months with no movement whatsoever. Anyone responsible for such a situation should be hanging their head in shame.

EDIT for GSpencer: "... while others sit for four or five months, OR LONGER, with no movement whatsoever."
Would the Mopar performance steps be holding up your order?Thats the only odd thing I remember you ordering on your Jeep.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Would the Mopar performance steps be holding up your order?Thats the only odd thing I remember you ordering on your Jeep.
That is a good point and I thought a definite possibility as well, Pismo.

Yet when I asked the dealership about them recently, they told me that those Mopar performance rock rails are readily available to them as aftermarket accessories, so I would think that they should be equally or more so available to the factory.

If there is any particular thing holding up my order at this point, my guess would be either the 5" UConnect screen and the associated climate controls without A/C, or else the manual transmission. Or maybe one or both of those things, combined with it being a 2-door?

In any case, it would appear that I decided to order the precise Jeep that the factory LEAST wants to build --- aside from GSpencer's right-hand-drive Jeep, anyway.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mine did the same! Ordered 4/4/22 waiting patiently for a VIN and after weeks and no one returning my calls I went in for a visit on 4/30/22. Low and behold they had a VIN. It was in D1 status and says delivery of 5/14/22. Has been in D1 ever since.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Mine did the same! Ordered 4/4/22 waiting patiently for a VIN and after weeks and no one returning my calls I went in for a visit on 4/30/22. Low and behold they had a VIN. It was in D1 status and says delivery of 5/14/22. Has been in D1 ever since.
It seems that inflation is not just limited to prices now --- I get the feeling that "D1" status is the new "D", i.e., the indefinite waiting room.

·
Registered
377 Posts
That is a good point and I thought a definite possibility as well, Pismo.

Yet when I asked the dealership about them recently, they told me that those Mopar performance rock rails are readily available to them as aftermarket accessories, so I would think that they should be equally or more so available to the factory.

If there is any particular thing holding up my order at this point, my guess would be either the 5" UConnect screen and the associated climate controls without A/C, or else the manual transmission. Or maybe one or both of those things, combined with it being a 2-door?

In any case, it would appear that I decided to order the precise Jeep that the factory LEAST wants to build --- aside from GSpencer's right-hand-drive Jeep, anyway.
Nah my 11/1 order of White Sport S, with A/C, technology group, LSD, and manual transmission still doesn't have a build sheet either. Meanwhile, my 3/3 Rubicon w/ cold weather group is sitting at the dealer waiting for pickup. There is no rhyme or reason as to when or why they build these things the way they do.

1561 - 1580 of 1651 Posts