Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1581 - 1600 of 1654 Posts

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Nah my 11/1 order of White Sport S, with A/C, technology group, LSD, and manual transmission still doesn't have a build sheet either. Meanwhile, my 3/3 Rubicon w/ cold weather group is sitting at the dealer waiting for pickup. There is no rhyme or reason as to when or why they build these things the way they do.
Tx, I am assuming that you have at some point recently inquired/nagged/raged to your dealer about the delay in your Sport S build from November 1st (which is outrageous). What have you been told? Or have you actually given up on it, as I think I may remember reading that you did, in favor of the March 3rd Rubicon? I'm just curious what, if anything, you've been told about the 6+ month delay on the first order.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
I just wanted to give an update for my Dec. 31 order. I finally went from D status to D1 in late April. It now is showing as KZ status with a dealer ETA window between 5/23/22 - 6/6/22. Getting a little bit closer after a nearly 5 month wait!
OK, your wait has been just as bad as mine, assuming that mine goes into "D1" status within the next week or ten days.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Tx, I am assuming that you have at some point recently inquired/nagged/raged to your dealer about the delay in your Sport S build from November 1st (which is outrageous). What have you been told? Or have you actually given up on it, as I think I may remember reading that you did, in favor of the March 3rd Rubicon? I'm just curious what, if anything, you've been told about the 6+ month delay on the first order.
Nah, I expected at least 3 month from beginning of production. My salesperson kept in touch but didn't have much to offer. The inventory manager was never around and so when I wanted to change my order in the beginning to add half doors, it didn't get put in for a week, by which time the order had been accepted, a vin issued, and I was told no longer to make changes, so that irked me. But as the months rolled on, I kept inquiring, the salesperson had nothing to offer. He confirmed other orders were being produced that were placed after mine but had no explanation. By Mid February, he said he spoke to his rep yet again, and the rep confirmed that the Jeep had a build date of the first week in April. By March, and no movement, I had lost faith. I called and said that he had told me when I ordered that if anything was unacceptable I would get my deposit back. I said this timing is getting unacceptable. He responded the deposit was non-refundable. I cancelled my order and ordered from a high volume dealer that got me a Rubicon with the cold weather group, dual door group, and premium top for just a few thousand more. That Jeep is now built and waiting for a road trip while my local dealer is still waiting on a Jeep they didn't want (i.e., manual) to still enter production. Now I'm just hoping to win the lottery so that when/if that Sport S gets built, I can still buy it, take it to Exodus 4x4 for 6.4L Hemi swap and have a 392 2-door :D

·
Registered
126 Posts
I held off on ordering and just kept waiting and searching on the Jeep website.
Search finally came up with a Rubicon “in transit” at a dealership not too far away.

Had everything I wanted 2d including the manual.
Put down a $500 deposit April 28 and just 2 weeks later Rubicon delivered today.
Oh Boy!!

Wheel Automotive parking light Car Tire Land vehicle

·
Registered
126 Posts
I held off on ordering and just kept waiting and searching on the Jeep website.
Search finally came up with a Rubicon “in transit” at a dealership not too far away.

Had everything I wanted 2d including the manual.
Put down a $500 deposit April 28 and just 2 weeks later Rubicon delivered today.
Oh Boy!!
Font Parallel Screenshot Number Document

Font Material property Parallel Screenshot Number

·
Registered
377 Posts
My thoughts exactly!

What are people seeing for ship date to delivered ETA? (excluded the few that have had theirs lost)
There's a ton variables. Does it go by truck or by rail? Did you purchase from a high volume dealer? How far does it have to go?

I bought mine from Gupton's in TN who is a high volume dealer and a 9 hour truck ride from Toledo. In may case, it was 6 days from being released from JB to arriving at the dealer.

Others sit a couple weeks waiting on a full rail car to their destination, and sometimes that rail car has to make additional stops along the way. Then it gets unloaded at a drop yard and has to get a truck to the dealer.

So, not to be ambivalent, but everyone's situation is different, so it's really hard to say.

1581 - 1600 of 1654 Posts