Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All, we just got our first-ever Jeep this week. It is a 2022 Rubicon (v6 + eTorque + start/stop). It has been only 5 days since we got this jeep. My wife was accelerating to merge onto the freeway the jeep abruptly stopped. It looked like it downshifted to accelerate, and the engine shut down. My daughter and wife were in the car, and they had a whiplash effect. The check engine light came on immediately. She was fortunate that she didn't get hit by anyone on the busy freeway near Philly airport.

She pulled over and called the dealership, and they asked her to drive slowly to the nearby dealership and get this checked out. I am attaching the computer diag. The dealership said that the computer didn't show anything. However, she experienced it again yesterday, took it to the dealership, and forced the tech to drive with her. The tech experienced and commented that this shouldn't be happening. The dealership is asking us to continue driving over the weekend and if the problems persist, bring it on Monday if the problem persists to do a detailed diagnostics.

It has only 200 miles, we were super excited to get our first jeep. Unfortunately, my wife refuses to drive her new jeep now. Now totally bummed and nervous.

Any insights on what could be happening? How should we deal with this? Appreciate you all's insights.

regards,

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
Do a search…there are others here who have experienced this. I see “check fuses” in some responses.

·
Super Moderator
8,460 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Incompetence and stupidity at its finest, some dealers just don't get it. The vehicle is unsafe, period. With only 200 miles on it leave it with them and insist they do their "detailed analysis." If need be get NTHSA involved, as a last resort.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Check your ground connection(s) at the battery. If it's not TIGHT and clean on the post (not to mention all the smaller connections there) it can cause that intermittent hiccup. Have had similar happenings on my 2015 and was to stubborn to redo the ground cable connection at the post. Felt like it should have been good enough. After redoing, all the little intermittent gremlins went away. Same thing with the fuses

·
Registered
726 Posts
Hello All, we just got our first-ever Jeep this week. It is a 2022 Rubicon (v6 + eTorque + start/stop). It has been only 5 days since we got this jeep. My wife was accelerating to merge onto the freeway the jeep abruptly stopped. It looked like it downshifted to accelerate, and the engine shut down. My daughter and wife were in the car, and they had a whiplash effect. The check engine light came on immediately. She was fortunate that she didn't get hit by anyone on the busy freeway near Philly airport.

She pulled over and called the dealership, and they asked her to drive slowly to the nearby dealership and get this checked out. I am attaching the computer diag. The dealership said that the computer didn't show anything. However, she experienced it again yesterday, took it to the dealership, and forced the tech to drive with her. The tech experienced and commented that this shouldn't be happening. The dealership is asking us to continue driving over the weekend and if the problems persist, bring it on Monday if the problem persists to do a detailed diagnostics.

It has only 200 miles, we were super excited to get our first jeep. Unfortunately, my wife refuses to drive her new jeep now. Now totally bummed and nervous.

Any insights on what could be happening? How should we deal with this? Appreciate you all's insights.

regards,
IMO I would not drive it either...Wife gets into an accident if this happens again sets up for a lawsuit, plus what if someone gets hurt or killed, then what? Also shows negligence on your wife's part knowing it's not operating properly. I would also not want my wife driving it either.

I'd be polite but firm with both the Sales and Service Manager. You're getting the run-a-round BS answer... I'd leave it and tell them to call you when they've confirmed they have it fixed.... And checking the fuses, why should you need to do this, isn't that the service managers job to have a tech check the obvious simple things?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
*update
Hello All, here is the current update.

My wife dropped the wrangler at the dealership on Monday and had them check everything. They sent the diag code to Chrysler and they asked the dealership to open the transmission oil pan and check for debris.. there was excessive amount of debris and now they are going to replace the entire transmission.

And the transmission is back ordered and no ETA. Extremely disappointed and driving a rental Cherokee after paying boat load of money on a rubicon for 4 days.

What should we do ?

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
*update
Hello All, here is the current update.

My wife dropped the wrangler at the dealership on Monday and had them check everything. They sent the diag code to Chrysler and they asked the dealership to open the transmission oil pan and check for debris.. there was excessive amount of debris and now they are going to replace the entire transmission.

And the transmission is back ordered and no ETA. Extremely disappointed and driving a rental Cherokee after paying boat load of money on a rubicon for 4 days.

What should we do ?
get a full refund? EDIT: Look up Lemon Laws for your state in the US.

Reactions: broomiejkwrangler
1 - 9 of 9 Posts