Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i went up to lousiville last night(from nashville) and i guess i had about a 10mph wind heading due north. i travelled about 60-65 the whole way. tried to stay steady on the throttle. when i finally filled up with gas, i did my calculations and......*drum roll*.......21.9 mpg!!! woo-hoo!!! and i pumped every last ounce of gas i could into that tank so if anything, i put in more than i used, which would yield a higher mpg! i'm so excited!!!! oh....2.5L, 141,000 on the clock, peacesetter header, dynomax cat-back, 4.0 throttle body, k&n filter, upgraded coil and wires, runnin 89 octane. i could get used to that with gas bein 2.79/gal

·
WF Graphics Bitch
544 Posts
Right on! That's what I used to run until I replaced my O2 sensors; now it's about 25-28mpg highway. Whoever says the 2.5L can't get good gas mileage is flat out wrong.

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
Damn man, that's nice. I was headin back from Cali last night and had probably a 15 mph tail wind and only got 19 in my truck. My jeep hasn't seen over 14 in years.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Hey, I'm thrilled out of my silly little mind because I just cracked 19.1 MPG in my stock 92 4.0 HO (YJ) with puny tires... and THAT'S taken some work, too. :D

·
Registered
200 Posts
thats cool, i recently put on a 4.0 throttle body and 2" TBS and I have gone from avr of 15 to a whopping 18 MPG so i am happy with this.

·
Registered
60 Posts
SouthTJ said:
Dang, that's awsome. I'm happy with anything over 15 and that's rare.
Same here :rolleyes:

Damn! if I ever break 20 I think I would faint :eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts