Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wheel newb here....
I've got an opportunity to pick up some 255/75/17 tires for free and am wondering if they'll fit on a JK Sport's stock 17's with no rubbing issues?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Hell yes!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's not the stock tire size, is it? I'm seeing a few different options online but figured I'd still ask just to be sure. How is this kind of tire btw? Any feedback? (Not necessarily the brand, but more the type of tread and whatnot).

·
Registered
232 Posts
yes, that is the size that was on my New 15 JK Sport S - with 17" rims

·
Registered
436 Posts
You will be fine and it will look so much better. If you have 17's on your rig now they are the same size tire just more of an street/all terrain.

IMG_20150618_070155.jpg

·
Registered
436 Posts
It is just a stock Rubi tire. The pic I posted has 4 door springs, Rubi shocks, and a TF level kit 2" in front and 1" in rear.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
One thing the Oper has not made clear is that he drives a YJ.. Different bolt pattern, center bore etc.. Although these tires are stock 255/75r17 mud terrain tires.. which will/should fit on a stock JK 17''x7.5 wheel , One would have to locate the correct offset after market wheel to match is YJ's bolt pattern etc.

·
Registered
436 Posts
One thing the Oper has not made clear is that he drives a YJ.. Different bolt pattern, center bore etc.. Although these tires are stock 255/75r17 mud terrain tires.. which will/should fit on a stock JK 17''x7.5 wheel , One would have to locate the correct offset after market wheel to match is YJ's bolt pattern etc.
Good point! Missed that.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a base model 2015 Sport which came with 16" wheels, but also found a set of 17" wheels for $100 and grabbed them just for the hell of it. If I can get these tires and slap them on the 17's, then I'd prefer to do that just for looks. My main concern is if they'll fit if I don't have a lift (or plan on getting one).

·
Registered
436 Posts
I have a base model 2015 Sport which came with 16" wheels, but also found a set of 17" wheels for $100 and grabbed them just for the hell of it. If I can get these tires and slap them on the 17's, then I'd prefer to do that just for looks. My main concern is if they'll fit if I don't have a lift (or plan on getting one).
If you have a 2015....and you get those tires they will fit with no problem on those 17 wheels. I had 225/75/16's on mine and went with 255/75/17's tires and 17" wheels. NO PROBLEM! These are stock wheels and tires they will fit. I am running 295/70/17 on my Rubi wheels now Great thing about them you can get sets of those tires cheap! I ran about three sets. Being a M/T you will have to rotate often. I had a set sipped and they went longer between rotations.

Reactions: MLC89
1 - 11 of 11 Posts