• Cooper ST Maxx

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK sorry for the 6,584,342nd tire thread, but I wanted to run a quick poll and also get some opinions and/or some info from experience.

I am contemplating running some pizza cutter 255/80/17s (basically 33x10) so that I can run a 33 but keep my stock wheels for now. There are not a lot of choices obviously in this size, but there are still some good all around/popular tires available.

Falken Wildpeak A/T3W
Toyo Open Country A/T II
Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx
Nitto Ridge Grappler

Right now my JKU is my daily driver, mainly highway miles, and I'd mainly be looking for best wet road performance as well as good winter performance. I don't foresee myself wheeling in the near future, so it'll literally be like 99.64% pavement.

Please vote and if you have any experience with any of these tires, please leave a comment.

·
Super Moderator
23,202 Posts
you should add KO2 in 34x10.5-17 and km2 in 255/80-17. I usually run two sets of tires one set of 35 or 315's and a set of of smaller tires. I just picked up a set of Falkens for a killer deal thru tirebuyer.com. Put them on last night after returning from Moab so only have enough miles to get my speedo reset. They seem quiet and smooth so far. I have had all of the above in different sizes except the Nittos.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you should add KO2 in 34x10.5-17 and km2 in 255/80-17. I usually run two sets of tires one set of 35 or 315's and a set of of smaller tires. I just picked up a set of Falkens for a killer deal thru tirebuyer.com. Put them on last night after returning from Moab so only have enough miles to get my speedo reset. They seem quiet and smooth so far. I have had all of the above in different sizes except the Nittos.
Nice rig! Love the Gobi...

I have been looking adamantly at the KO2s as well; in fact if I end up just going with a stock size replacement, I will probably go KO2. I have seen the 34x10.5, but they are so much more expensive per tire. If I really wanted the KO2s I'd just go stock size.

The KM2 is also fairly priced, and of course has some good reviews and history behind it, but being mainly highway 5 days a week, I don't know if they'll be a good fit for me right now.

Likely looking at Falken if I do end up going 255...

Side note/question: current size is a 245/75/17 which is a "31.5 inch" and probably measures 31 mounted and on the Jeep. Will I likely need a ProCal in going up to a 255 which will probably end up at around 32.5 on the Jeep?

·
Super Moderator
23,202 Posts
I would absolutely get a procal or similar device to correct the speedo.

Reactions: jethro65
1 - 4 of 4 Posts