Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
I think he spent a bunch of money on it and he thinkd hes gunna get it all back if it was like a 2006 tj with all that and I had a lot of money maybe but I would still want to get a smaller one and build it myself cuz then its mine:D

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
The first impression is - '$25k huh, well, maybe someone will pay way too much for a toy, and it looks well built'

Then you read the description and think 'huh, 8" lift for 37"s and a carburetor?, um, that's dropped the price by about $10,000'

It does look nice, and it does look well built, and you can bet it hasn't been abused or taken off-road much if at all with a carb and a 8" lift, it's a premium mall-crawler.

·
Registered
72 Posts
It's that "My Jeep is Priceless" mentality, where someone thinks that they are gonna get every dime they poured into it back. I know I've lost money on every Jeep I've ever sold, but it never mattered b/c I got to enjoy it for a while.....

25k? I doubt he/she will ever get that, especially w/ all the used rubicons out there going for around 10-15K....

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
He didnt address the steering on that SOA. Looks like in certain situations the drag link will be hitting the spring. And why the hell a carbed V8? He could have gotten a diesel for about the same and made something much more desirable. Those bumpers are not that expensive either, maybe $500 between the two of them.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea I just don't get people. I mean I love wranglers and will always own one but there nothing special... People think they are this rare vehicle and people will pay out the nose for them and while he may get lucky and get 15k for it I think 10k would be a fair price.

·
Mr Jeepy of California
466 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
The great thing is I am in the Dallas area and I see these on craigslist all the time. Where a $8k vehicle is listed for three times what is should be. what will be funny is to see this post in two month after the price keeps getting lowered.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I think some people put their crap on cl with outrageous numbers on it just for attention lol

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.