Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I need to make my mind up. Looking at duratracs in standard load 275/65/18 or LT295/65/18. Love the look of the bigger ones but I'm not lifting it and have 3.21s. Thoughts? Thanks, I really need some advice

·
Registered
65 Posts
Can't help on size but just keep in mind you are going to need wheel spacers if running stock rims for the 295, not sure about the 275

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not going stock. Xd's with 0 offset

·
Super Moderator
16,383 Posts
Ok I need to make my mind up. Looking at duratracs in standard load 275/65/18 or LT295/65/18. Love the look of the bigger ones but I'm not lifting it and have 3.21s. Thoughts? Thanks, I really need some advice
The 275's do fit, the 295's need spacers. You can go up to the 275/70-18's and get the height without needing spacers. You might want to consider a 1" puck on the front for leveling and a little more clearance.

If you do a search on that tire size, you can find some pictures.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
295s too big for 3.21gears? Will E load be a big deal?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Most hate 3.21s stock so will they work with 3.21s? Yes. Will they be ideal? No. E ranges will be stiffer. They will also be heavier which will also work against your current gearing. Aside from the above recommendations of minor suspension work I would try to avoid E range tires if possible. Nothing to be gained only lost from the sounds of your set up.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
E load not an issue. 295s will probably touch bump stop on full turn, maybe not. I kept stock OEM 18" & 275/65R18 was as large as would fit...AND adjust the bump stop, so lose a few degrees of turn radius.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I run the 295s with the xd addicts (4.5bs) with no lift and I love them. I had to trim a little so I didn't rub.

I've ran them this way for a few months through NYCs winter and had no issues. Will be adding a 2.5" lift shortly as well -- just got it delivered today.

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
Any thoughts on the 265/70-18? That is the size I am eyeing eventually.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I really like the added width of the 295 over the 275 and 265. I'm just nervous about potential sluggishness

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm running 275's without a lift, and they seem plenty wide. I'm on rims with 4.5bs, and haven't had any issues with rub. Tires stick out beyond the finders a good 1.5 inches if not a little more.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Slim and xmatt, would love some pics

·
Registered
66 Posts
Here is the only one I have on my phone -- I will take some others in a day or so once I get the lift on. Also have some others in my profile. Let me know if you have any specific questions -- more than glad to help.

image-2288042673.jpg

·
Super Moderator
16,383 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Can I get a little clarification, will the 275/65/18 work fine with the stock rims? Do I need to adjust any bump stops or trim anything to prevent rubbing?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Pulled the trigger and ordered the 295s and wheels with 0 offset��. Local discount tire said we would get it to work. I don't have time to get installed until the 21st!!! Now that waiting game like a kid and Christmas

Tailgate gonna have any issues with that spare ? Don't feel like a bumper yet

·
Super Moderator
16,383 Posts
Not sure on the width of the wheels you got, but an 8.5 and 0 offset is 4.8 back spacing and will be just fine for 295's.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Couldn't take the wait and got the install bumped up to Saturday:iamhappy:

·
Super Moderator
16,383 Posts
Can I get a little clarification, will the 275/65/18 work fine with the stock rims? Do I need to adjust any bump stops or trim anything to prevent rubbing?
Most clear that size without rubbing, but every Jeep is a little different.

·
Registered
66 Posts
My 295/65/18 duratracs on xd addicts
Will post in multiple postings since I can only post 1 image per mobile post

Rear view:

image-1968156384.jpg

1 - 20 of 25 Posts