Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A slightly left-field option that I can't find threads/discussion on...

I'm considering fitting a set of 285/60/R18 KO2's to my stock 2015 JK Unlimited. No lift/levelling kit. Standard 18x7.5 rims.

The calculator on https://www.rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp indicates that these will be 31.5" (0.6" shorter than the OE 255/70/R18s) by 11.2" (vs 10").

The text says:

Suspension clearance: Package 2 is 15 mm (0.6'') closer to suspension/brakes components. Acceptable for most cars.

Fenders clearance: Package 2 will stick out 15 mm (0.6'') farther. Acceptable for most cars.

Wheelwells clearance: 100% clear (leaves even more room than OEM)

SPEEDOMETER: When speedometer reads 60mph (96.6km/h) actual speed will be 58.8mph (94.7km/h): 2% slower.

If necessary I can fit washers. I'd rather not fit spacers. No off-road use where extreme articulation is required - gravel tracks, sandy beach roads and the odd muddy field only.

Is this a combination that will work? Has anyone else fitted this size?

Thank you in advance!

·
Grumpy Old Guy
3,853 Posts
you should be fine. Some have had issues with 285's rubbing the stock plastic air dam at near full lock and need to trim it to make it right. Curious why 285/60/17? Odd combo for these rigs.

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
I think you'll rub the LCAs at full lock too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts