Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running 285/65/18 on 18x9 rims with a stock jku setup ( stock suspension and front bumper) . If so, any rubbing or any other problems associated with this setup. Thanks

·
Registered
710 Posts
Yep, no rub. Youll need to get an aev procal to adjust odo. Might be a lil sluggish if u have 3.21 gears.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I was looking at that same size tire, but found 4 brand new Duratracs in 275 70 18 for 700 bucks... let's see how they work.

·
Premium Member
2,939 Posts
No rub at all

image-2222761327.jpg

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
I've got 275/65R18 on OEM rims for Kelly Safari TSRs. Had to adjust steering bump stop about 1/4" to keep small knob rub at full lock from happening. No lift etc.

My local tire shop was quite thorough in exploring what maximum size they were sure would fit. At 20K now, it was a great choice. YMMV.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I currently am running 275/70r18. Probably losing 1-2 mph give or take and they do still rub with 1.5" spacers(full turn in reverse) on the airdam. You could add washers or just pull the plastic airdam off. Other than that it's great and probably going with 285's on the next set.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I try replying back but your mailbox was full.. Here is what I wrote.

Hello edmo,
Yes I do have 18's.. Pros and cons, well the bigger size rims/wheels means the more expensive the tires will be. The stock tire size was 255/70r18(32's), and mine are 275/70r18(33's) so when driving on-road, I would probably lose 1-2 mph give or take..very minimal. Remember, the bigger you go the more power you will lose and eventually you will need to re-gear. If you are thinking about mostly off-roading, I would suggest 16-17's with more room for the tires(also cheaper in the long run). This is also my DD(95% highway/5% offroad) so I went with 33s as oppose to 35's. You can look at some of my pictures in my Jeep profile.

·
Registered
710 Posts
285/65/18 pic

No rub, spacers, lift, all stock. it's my DD and I have no issues. like i said before make sure u get an AEV Procal, it is worth the $150...

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Just mounted the 275 70's and like everyone else, they rub on everything mentioned on every wheel and tire related thread. I'll be modding something soon to alleviate the rubbing...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts