Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to get a look at some photos of 285/70R17 Duratracs mounted on JK's (2-door in particular). Also would like to see what these look like mounted with no lift if possible. Thanks (still putting my Christmas list together) :D :thumb:

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
It will cost you less to buy a set of 15" wheels and 33" duratracs for them than to just buy 33" duratracs for your stock 17" wheels. You'll also save mpg.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It will cost you less to buy a set of 15" wheels and 33" duratracs for them than to just buy 33" duratracs for your stock 17" wheels. You'll also save mpg.
I actually just prefer the look of 17" wheels. I am planning on buying new 17" wheels, not planning on mounting these on the stock wheels

·
Registered
165 Posts
I had to downsize from factory 18" wheels to 17". Because the Blackrock wheels I purchased didn't come in 18". I went with 33" Duratrac's. They look awesome, all five. Painted white center cap lettering rescue green to match jeep. Love em.

·
Administrator
42,062 Posts
I'm interested too.

I've been meaning to start a thread like this one. :thumb:
I just picked up an '07 JKU that was already lifted with 17" rims. It currently has 305/65R17s and when it comes time change them out I'm leaning toward the 285/70R17s also.:popcorn:

·
Registered
6 Posts
NJJeep said:
I had to downsize from factory 18" wheels to 17". Because the Blackrock wheels I purchased didn't come in 18". I went with 33" Duratrac's. They look awesome, all five. Painted white center cap lettering rescue green to match jeep. Love em.
Any picks? ;0)

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you have a pic? I was thinking of getting the Black Rock Vipers.

·
Registered
110 Posts
These are my 285/70/17 Bridgestones with a set of BlackRocks. Not exactly what you were asking for.. but it'll give you an idea.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You've already convinced me to get those wheels schlitz, now I'm just trying to decide on the tires. Those wheels look great on your rig, best I have come across yet. Since mine is black I really think they will work out perfectly :thumb:

These are my 285/70/17 Bridgestones with a set of BlackRocks. Not exactly what you were asking for.. but it'll give you an idea.

·
Registered
110 Posts
You've already convinced me to get those wheels schlitz, now I'm just trying to decide on the tires. Those wheels look great on your rig, best I have come across yet. Since mine is black I really think they will work out perfectly :thumb:
oh yeah... i forgot you messaged me :rolleyes:
I get tons of comments on them.. so yeah, you won't go wrong..

·
Registered
165 Posts
I'll try to get on computer and put up some pics. Should beable to on iPhone

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
Here is cap painted to match jeep. Ha! Didn't know I could upload from phone. Cool.

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
Pics don't do it justice. Especially 3" Zone Offroad lift.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just installed new 17's and 285/70/17 Duratracs to match on my LJ with a 2"coil/shock lift. Love it! Have a slight rubbing up front when wheel is cranked all the way to one side. Planning on a 1" spacer up front due to the 140lbs of bumper and winch out front.

Bob

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
looks good!

Just installed new 17's and 285/70/17 Duratracs to match on my LJ with a 2"coil/shock lift. Love it! Have a slight rubbing up front when wheel is cranked all the way to one side. Planning on a 1" spacer up front due to the 140lbs of bumper and winch out front.

Bob

1 - 20 of 75 Posts