Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a set of General AT2 285/75/16. Wanting something that will laast long on pavement but also work well on the dirt. Thoughts? thought about 305/70/16 but saved a few dollars going a bit smaller.. Hoping the choice does not make my rig look like a wagon.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Just purchased a set of General AT2 285/75/16. Wanting something that will laast long on pavement but also work well on the dirt. Thoughts? thought about 305/70/16 but saved a few dollars going a bit smaller.. Hoping the choice does not make my rig look like a wagon.
Thoughts on what? You already bought em...:)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep

I know I already bought them, but I havent installed them so I could always send them back... anyways, I am looking of thoughts as to if it is going to look like a wagon

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
I know I already bought them, but I havent installed them so I could always send them back... anyways, I am looking of thoughts as to if it is going to look like a wagon
You mean will the tires look too little? You say wagon, I'm thinking wild west, chuckwagon, horse-drawn carriage. Might you mean wagon, as in, lil red?

The 285's you listed are 33" tires, 11.2" wide. They'll look much beefier than your stock tires, and will still look good if you run a leveling kit or BB, IMO.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Are you planning on keeping the stock rims? Cuz you might have some rubbing issues, width-wise, if that's the case. The stock rims have horrendous backspacing, won't let you run a tire much more than 10"+ without wheel spacers.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
I can attest to the fact that the Grabber AT2 lasts a LONG time. I put a set on my KJ CRD at 10,000 miles. At 21,000 I traded it in. The guy who bought it kept up with me over time, and at 90,000 miles he finally had to put a new set of tires on the Jeep. That's 80,000 miles out of a set of AT2s on a Jeep that had a curb weight of 4,400 lbs.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I'm running 285/75/16 mts on stock wheels no spacers and no rub on pavement. I'll be installing spacers soon tjough

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks all,
1 Topp, your rig looks like mine will next week when I install the lift and new wheels and tires. Are you a First Sergeant? the reason I ask is because of the phrase Topp.. I get called that from my former Army soliders that are now in the Air Guard. I am a First Sergeant.

·
A-14
1,568 Posts
Thanks all,
1 Topp, your rig looks like mine will next week when I install the lift and new wheels and tires. Are you a First Sergeant? the reason I ask is because of the phrase Topp.. I get called that from my former Army soliders that are now in the Air Guard. I am a First Sergeant.
Nope....Topp is my name.....The 1st SGT would run me out of the orderly room when someone said " hey Topp" ....it upset him I think.:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts