Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 Hard Rock with the Mopar 2 inch lift. I have considered many wheel and tire options and would like to use the stock rims. I really would like to avoid wheel spacers if possible?
I think I've seen people run 285 75 17 on stock rims with no spacers.
Let me know if you are using this combo with no issues please.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
You can but you will rub on the sway bar when fully turned. So much better with spacers

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 2016 Sahara unlimited just put 315 12.5 18 and they rub the sway bars in a hard turn. My wheels are stock is why I went with 315's, I will have to get spacers. So with your setup you shouldn't have any problems.

·
Super Moderator
16,383 Posts
Every Jeep is a little different, but the 285's in general are borderline... Probably 50% of them rub on the sway bar and 50% don't. Once you add the the extra height, it probably increases that chance to rub a little and also will bring the air dam rub in to play. Throw on some 1.25 spacers and call it a day...

No reason to be concerned with an "adapter" style spacer.

Reactions: Comanche

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had 285's on my stock 2012 JKU before I lifted it and I never ran into problems. I did have aftermarket rims, so that helped. I took it on some moderate trails up in Colorado with this setup.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts