Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weight being the same... Any other advantages between the 2 sizes?

Was almost set on 315 GY Duratrac... But doing research, the Toyo Open Country AT looks good and lot cheaper

Punching the numbers into the calculator.. A 285/75 is only 1/2" smaller diameter and 1.1" thinner. I'm already running 1.5" Spidertrax, so don't want to bulge any more than necessary.

Those that have 285/75... How you like them

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Obviously the 315 is going to have more weight. Quite a bit more rubber there overall. If you're lifted 3" or more I'd definitely go with the 315 though based on looks alone. It's surprising how these JKs swallow up a 285 tire.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Obviously the 315 is going to have more weight. Quite a bit more rubber there overall. If you're lifted 3" or more I'd definitely go with the 315 though based on looks alone. It's surprising how these JKs swallow up a 285 tire.
Running a 2.5 Teraflex coil lift. Was dead set on 315s... But after researching sizes... The 285/75 looked good. Just barely under a 315 in diameter, and little thinner, which I kinda like

·
Registered
65 Posts
Picked up our 2016 JKUHR a couple weeks ago. I'm in the same boat. I have the 2.5 teraflex BB with new rancho 9000's and 1.5 spacers sitting in the corner. I'm wondering how small the stock tires will look once it's installed. 35's seem to be the popular option. I'm going with Toyo. I wish the RT came in the 285/75. I'm keeping the stock wheels. Don't want the tire sticking out to far but don't want it to look small either. Hoping 285/75 will look good. Only light trails. No serious wheeling.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Picked up our 2016 JKUHR a couple weeks ago. I'm in the same boat. I have the 2.5 teraflex BB with new rancho 9000's and 1.5 spacers sitting in the corner. I'm wondering how small the stock tires will look once it's installed. 35's seem to be the popular option. I'm going with Toyo. I wish the RT came in the 285/75. I'm keeping the stock wheels. Don't want the tire sticking out to far but don't want it to look small either. Hoping 285/75 will look good. Only light trails. No serious wheeling.
I'll let you know how it looks with 2.5 lift and stock tired.. Install same thing today on ours.
Will post pic when finished.

And I'm actually going to go with the 315 Duratracs.. Little lighter and a American company.. I assume

1 - 6 of 6 Posts