Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking at getting a 2in lift for my 2005 TJ Sport. I am planning on running 31s and mickey thompson classics.

Could I use like a teraflex budget boost with OME shocks? Does anyone else have a better combo or 2in lift? I dont do much wheeling but I still want the clearance on my jeep.

Pictures are always nice too.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
does it ride well on the asphalt? I drive 2 hrs on the highway to and from home once a month about and dont want something too rough.
And did you get any vibes? I dont really want to drop my TC.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am planning on new bumpstops. It comes with the teraflex BB lift. I have heard good reviews on it, but i want nicer shocks too instead of stock.

·
Registered
8,402 Posts
A BB will ride very close to Stock, that is the nice thing about it for a Daily Driver and light offroader. As with any lift, ya should get an Alignment done after you install it.

If you have to drop your TC, it will likely be very minimal, like maybe a few washers.

·
I luv bourbonz!
3,105 Posts
You can run 31s stock if you're not doing any off roading.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I just put on a BDS 2" coil lift with the standard BDS shocks. After getting the tire pressure figured out, it rides smooth. Cant say better than stock, but really, really nice. Think my old springs were sagging because it lifted more than 2". Very glad i spent the extra hundred or two and got new coils. If the jeep was newer, I may have just done a BB, but the dang thing is almost 15 years old. Some things just get tired on older jeeps.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I almost went the BB route but decided to do it right the first time around, and I'm very glad I did. I was hell bent on a BB until I talked to a bunch of people and did a lot of research and realized what a waste it would be. I went with new BDS 2" coils and Bilstein 5100 shocks and the ride is waaaaaaaay better then stock. Just threw on some new 265/75/16 (32") Duratracs and she rides fantastic! Can't beat the BDS warranty either. I'd rethink the BB if I were you. Just my .02¢

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
I just went with the spacer route for the time being. It's going to get a real lift one day so i thought this would be good for the time being to get some extra clearance.

Honestly it rides pretty dang good on and offroad with stock springs, 2" spacers, and Bilstein 5100 shocks. Doesn't flex too bad either. For the price you really cant beat it. If it were staying this height, i might take a look at BDS or OME although it performs just fine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts