Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

2nd Annual Spring Uwharrie Invasion

3K views 27 replies 5 participants last post by  tarpon4me 
#1 ·
May 5th - 7th Carolina Trails Off-road is hosting the 2nd annual Spring Uwharrie Invasion at Uwharrie Nation Forrest. Last year was a big success so we've double our trail rig participants to 40 rigs. Sign up is either in person at one of our monthly meetings, or on our website at:

Home

Fee is 10 dollars, which just covers the camping. Raffles and such are free! We've already booked group camp for the event. Raffles, grab bags, guided trail ride, all inclusive. We will have two trail groups again, as that was very successful. One will be for modified rigs and/or experienced drivers. The second group will be for stock rigs or novice/intermediate drivers. Intermediate/novice trail riders will be able to negotiate all trails with a stock Jeep. Don't worry, Myself and a couple other experienced spotters will be on the ground to keep you safe. We are gathering some premo sponsors for the event and expect to have some awesome raffle/ give away prizes.

Search our site for information and photos from last years event!

Attachments

#2 ·
Shouldn't you mention there is a daily or season pass to ride there (the choice is up to the driver)?

#8 ·
We are definitely looking forward to this event. It is going to be a blast meeting some new Jeepers and hearing directly from them the gear they are looking for, at an affordable price. We will set up a discount code for CTOR Uwharrie Invasion attendees in the next week or so that we shall pass on to the CTOR President. The only way to get it is to sign up for the event. Events

#10 ·
Barbie Jeep Race

Like it wasn't going to be fun enough, we've got enough interest that we will be having a down hill Barbie Jeep race after our trail ride Saturday afternoon. To participate, you must be part of the event, have a stripped power wheels (no motor or batteries), wear a helmet, and of course sign a waiver. The winner will get a cool prize. :rock:

#13 ·
May 5th - 7th Carolina Trails Off-road is hosting the 2nd annual Spring Uwharrie Invasion at Uwharrie Nation Forrest. Last year was a big success so we've double our trail rig participants to 40 rigs. Sign up is either in person at one of our monthly meetings, or on our website at:

Home

Fee is 10 dollars, which just covers the camping. Raffles and such are free! We've already booked group camp for the event. Raffles, grab bags, guided trail ride, all inclusive. We will have two trail groups again, as that was very successful. One will be for modified rigs and/or experienced drivers. The second group will be for stock rigs or novice/intermediate drivers. Intermediate/novice trail riders will be able to negotiate all trails with a stock Jeep. Don't worry, Myself and a couple other experienced spotters will be on the ground to keep you safe. We are gathering some premo sponsors for the event and expect to have some awesome raffle/ give away prizes.

Search our site for information and photos from last years event!
Are all the spots already filled? And x2 about going up friday afternoon? How much will we miss?

#23 ·
I have an event packet that I'll be posting up soon that will have an event agenda, waiver, trail map, and a flyer. All drivers will need to complete a waiver and turn Into me before the trail ride. The forms will be printable, so I recommend printing the waiver, filling it out, and bringing it with you to turn in. Completing, signing, and emailing them to me in advance is also acceptable. I'll include my email address when I post the forms, which will probably be tomorrow. The event shirts were ordered Friday as well. This is a RAIN OR SHINE event. If it's wet, we will modify trail selection and roll on. If it's dry, I recommend those of you that don't want the interior of your rigs ridiculously dusty to keep your doors on and top up. A CB radio is a plus. Hand held CB radios can be purchased cheap. Crunch time now, gonna be awesome.

#24 ·
EVENT PARTICIPANTS!!! Please find the attached forms. The waiver needs to be completed and turned into me before you hit the trails. It can be printed, completed, and turned in during the drivers meeting. It can also be completed and emailed to me at: bdraper@carolinatrailsoffroad.com Also included is an Agenda that is subject to change based on things out of our control, like weather, trail traffic, etc... Bring your rain gear, as the show will go on.

Attachments

#26 ·
4 spots left, and only 2 days to reserve your spot

Looks like the weather is going to be absolutely perfect for the event. The big man upstairs is watching over us! Should be just enough moisture to keep the dust down a little bit, while maintaining upper 40's to lower 50's for low temps at night for good sleeping! See you guys and gals in camp! :drinks:

#27 ·
Raffle Tickets

A few people have asked if we are offering additional raffle tickets for purchase during the event. To keep things fair and to ensure everyone has a good chance at winning, I'll allow the purchase of a single additional ticket for the raffle at a cost of 10 dollars. Remember, registered drivers only in the raffle. You will already get a single ticket free of charge for being part of the event. I will be passing out raffle tickets at random intervals Friday afternoon when the opportunity arises and before the raffle Saturday afternoon for those that have not received their ticket(s) by then. At our next club meeting later in May, we can discuss as a group how to best invest the collected money back into the club and the trail systems. I know for sure one thing I'll be doing is registering with Tread Lightly as a supporting club.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.