Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought my first jeep 2 1/2 years ago... Was a black jku. Thought I would build it from scratch and hold on to it forever. After putting in endless hours of labor and spending all of my money it was beginning to look like I hoped. My next step was lockers and a front axel….Unfortunately turned out to be a lot more money than expected. So instead of giving in and upgrading further I decided to go out and find a 2015 unlimited ruby.

Weekend project is now to strip down my 2013 jku and restore it to stock before I hand over the keys Monday and drive away in my new rubicon.

I will be transferring most of the mods from to 2013 to the new one, including
-Smittybilt front and rear bumpers
- Poison spyder rocker knockers
- Warrior 8500lbs winch
- JWspeaker 8700 headlights and 6150 fog lights
- Mickey Thompson ATZ P3 315/70/17 tires with sidebitter 2 wheels
- JKS quicker disconnects

I have ordered a bunch of smaller things that should be arriving any day
- rugged ridge 11/32 synthetic winch rope X 100' (16550lbs) to replace my wire cable that snapped off last week
- Poison spyder aluminum fairlead
- black jeep embalm
- mopar front and rear slush mats
- smittybilt black taillight guards

My new lift is scheduled to arrive Feb 4th. The stage 3 mopar 3' lift with fox 2.0 performance series reservoir shocks (worked it into the price of the jeep). Once that arrives a buddy is going to powder coat my coils candy blue for me before I install it. I just stripped down my D-rings and painted them the same colour.

Once the lift is installed I will reevaluate and decide if my next upgrades will be the teraflex monster track bar and the fox ats steering stabilizer. If it rides ok I will likely get some poison spyder aluminum flat fender flares and a call of duty hood sometime over the next year instead.

Pictures will follow. A lot of work ahead of me over the next couple weeks but hopefully turns out well

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
That seems like a bunch of work! Congrats on new Ruby! You ever think of trying to sell it and get the money for some of the mods rather than putting all of that back on. I just went thru the install of front and rear bumpers, rockers and fenders and couldn't imagine pulling it off for trade in.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
D-rings are painted. Didn't turn out too bad.

Synthetic rope has arrived. Will install it on the winch this weekend.

Rocker knockers, quick disconnects, and headlights are off the old jeep.

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought about trading it in with everything but the rocker knockers and tires but he dealer really doesn't give you the money's worth for the aftermarket parts. Might try to sell the front bumper and change to a poison spyder bumper instead though. If its too hard to get rid of I am happy to keep it though. Its all still in great shape and for the most part less than a year old

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Old jeep is finally stripped down. Looking pretty barren right now. Almost feel bad abandoning it….but I imagine that will be short lived when I drive away in the new Ruby tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finally making some head way. JWspeaker headlights and fog lights installed on top of the smittybilt XRC front bumper. Replaced my broke winch cable with rugged ridge synthetic and installed a poison spyder aluminum fairlead

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also changed out the chrome jeep embalm for a mopar black embalm i bought off ebay. Marked it with painting tape, poured a little glue gone around the letters, and pulled the chrome one off by putting fishing line under the letters and sawing down. Cleaned the area and was able to stick the new one back in the exact same spot using the painting tape as a guide. Worked great.

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Smittybilt XRC rear bumper in place. Cleaned up my Mickey Thompson ATZ P3 35s and sidebitter II wheels. And installed some smittybilt taillight guards.

Lift arrived and install is complete. Just need to add the teraflex monster track bar and I will post some pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Switched out the D-rings now that all the snow is gone and the jeep will be a little easier to keep clean. The salt ate apart my black ones.

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Built a storage cart for my hardtop. New bestop treetop Nx twill with duster and windjammer on the way. Almost ready for summer

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts