Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm ongoing a conversion project for my 2WD. I'm trying to save her from becoming a mall crawler and making her a 4WD. its a manual transmission and I already have all the parts but was wondering if the output shaft of the NSG370 2WD is the same as the one in the NSG370 4WD trans. if anyone has any information please help me, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

·
Registered
612 Posts
its a manual transmission and I already have all the parts but was wondering if the output shaft of the NSG370 2WD is the same as the one in the NSG370 4WD trans.
I converted my automatic from 2WD to 4WD. During my research I recall reading that on a manual the transmission output needs to be changed, thus requiring the skills/knowledge/tools to rebuild a transmission. Us automatic guys were lucky enough to only need to change a bolt on adapter. Might be easier to find an entire 4WD transmission to swap secondhand.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I converted my automatic from 2WD to 4WD. During my research I recall reading that on a manual the transmission output needs to be changed, thus requiring the skills/knowledge/tools to rebuild a transmission. Us automatic guys were lucky enough to only need to change a bolt on adapter. Might be easier to find an entire 4WD transmission to swap secondhand.
so no electrics or wiring is needed right? When you put the Jeep in 4 Low it'd work just fine correcT?

·
Registered
612 Posts
so no electrics or wiring is needed right? When you put the Jeep in 4 Low it'd work just fine correcT?
Right, I and everyone else I've talked to about the conversion have left it as a purely mechanical addition. I'm sure you could get the proper transfer case harness and bring it into the dealer for programming to get the 4wd light or whatever, but that isn't necessary in any way shape or form.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts