Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 305 Posts

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, after my '90 2.5L AX5 YJ was totaled, and LOADS of looking around, I have FINALLY come up with a replacment!

Got me a '93 with a 4.0L and an AX-15!
Has the K&K CAI kit, and the Pacesetter header, upgraded downpipe that wraps around the front of the oil pan.

Has a overhead sound bar with some integrated stuff, havent looked into it to far, but i might keep it there...

It has a custom home made rear bumper with swingout spare carrier, Im removing this, it sticks out WAY to far!

More in post 2!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Optima Red Top Battery,

So, Whats the FIRST thing I do? as soon as i got home?
Started tearing all my goodies off of my '90!

I now have a big pile of upgrades to play with!

Just need the paint code, and I can paint the family bar, front bars, and BARNES SKID!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THEN! I swapped on my Smitty front bumper (made sure to keep the floods on.

OH YEA, it CANE WITH FLOODS!

and they work too!

Then I swapped in my projector front lamps for a GREAT visibility improvement!

Coming soon! Hard top and full doors (Yes, Ill look funny with a Black Jeep with RED DOORS till summer, I might Plastikote them black for a while, but they WILL be painted Black professionally.

AND! Im swapping my 3.5" Lift, shocks, 1 ton steering, and Tcase SYE!

AND THEN, FINALLY, Ill get off my A55 and prep/install the 8.8 that WAS SUPOSED to go into my '90!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
what condition? miles?
Some of it has been repainted due to clearcoat fading, but they painted it with Plastikote, so Ill be re-doing that eventually.

ZERO RUST!

Soft top looks almost new, and it has Bestop seats!

Great to hear! Was wondering when you'd be back and if you would get a yj.
I never left, but I did spend some lurking time in the TJ and general forum sections...

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Some of it has been repainted due to clearcoat fading, but they painted it with Plastikote, so Ill be re-doing that eventually.

ZERO RUST!

Soft top looks almost new, and it has Bestop seats!

I never left, but I did spend some lurking time in the TJ and general forum sections...
good deal

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
THEN! I swapped on my Smitty front bumper (made sure to keep the floods on. OH YEA, it CANE WITH FLOODS! and they work too! Then I swapped in my projector front lamps for a GREAT visibility improvement! Coming soon! Hard top and full doors (Yes, Ill look funny with a Black Jeep with RED DOORS till summer, I might Plastikote them black for a while, but they WILL be painted Black professionally. AND! Im swapping my 3.5" Lift, shocks, 1 ton steering, and Tcase SYE! AND THEN, FINALLY, Ill get off my A55 and prep/install the 8.8 that WAS SUPOSED to go into my '90!
Looks like a great find! Can you give me some specifics on your projector lamps? I'm looking to do something with my lights, they're so dim.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Attachments

·
Registered
824 Posts
Well it sucks that your 4 banger was totaled, but that's a clean replacement. Good thing is you can transplant parts off the '90.

That rear bumper does stick out too far. Looks to be well built tho. You shouldn't have any trouble moving it on C/L.

1 - 20 of 305 Posts