Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
161 - 180 of 306 Posts

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #161 ·
Check and check again, make SURE your rocker guard is in the right spot.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #162 ·
Here is where I left off tonight, Ill be completing this tomorrow, I need to hit up Home Depot for a piece of angle iron for the inside to support the back side of the bolts.
I need to drill the holes in the tub, and cut/drill the support, and tighten everything...

After showing the '90 red Jeep to a potential buyer...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #163 ·
OK, SOLD MY '90!

Im down to one Jeep again!

Went to Home Depot, got my angle iron, and im ready to continue!

Start with the rear hole, if you mounted it far enough rearward, you wont have as much issue as I did, seems the rear hole is right about where the front wall for the inner fender well is. I hit it on the passenger side, but not as badly and was able to get it drilled and ready without too much effort, and a dimple, but on the driver side, I had to manipulate the metal to get the bolt and nut on correctly.

Then drill the front hole, this is easily accessible from the engine compartment, under the canister on 4.0L, I dont remember whats in that area on the 2.5L.

Tighten the front and rear snug, not tight, only snug.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #164 ·
After the front and rear are snug, loosen the clamps, drill the holes for the 4 center ones, and install the second from the dont, use a BIG washer to spread the load, and snug it too....

Then cut your angle iron to go as far as possible between the support in the front, and the rear "hump" in the back, should cover the remaining 3 bolts.

Line it up and mark the 3 holes, remove the angle iron and frill the CENTER ONE ONLY!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #165 ·
Once you have the center hole drilled, bolt it up and verify the other 2 holes, re-mark them, remove and drill them.
Test fit them, make sure they fit correctly, and tighten them ALL up.

YOU ARE DONE!
only other thing you can do is re-attach your flares, I did not do this ad im replacing mine with pocket or flat flares in the near future...
The blue tape is to prevent paint scratches (if it lasts)...

This all started on this post, in-case you got lost.

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f330/2xs-a-new-jeep-a-new-build-thread-490865-6.html#post10604601

Attachments

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #166 · (Edited)

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #168 · (Edited)
Took the top off yesterday, tossed on my half doors, and now im all black again!
Still moving stuff around, trying to make room and contemplating how Im going to build a hard tonneau cover, with everything sitting under it....

Ill post a better [pic tomorrow in the light...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #169 · (Edited)
Also, I finally replaced that pesky Coolant temp sending unit (for the gauge, not computer), so my temp gauge wint change with every slight throttle movement....

Also not considering a automatic swap anymore, but I am starting to piece together a Tcase upgrade, looking at rebuilding the extra Tcase I have with a wide chain kit from JBconversions, and SYE...
I think when I busted my Dana 35 something happened in the Tcase too, its making some funny noises occasionally.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #171 · (Edited)
Got some new goodies!

Painting my new DANA30 diff cover

Got the cover from Barnes, I like it more then the 8.8 cover I got from UCF, the Barnes one came welded inside, so I didnt have to have it done later.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #172 ·
Got it on, with synthetic 75W90, and even got my decal installed!

Got my new Tonneau cover installed, this one is nice, and with new rails and fit nice and snug!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #173 ·
I also had noticed the temp was running about 230 (since I had a shiney new sensor I know its correct).

I installed a new Tstat, got a 160, and its perfect, temp reads right about 160, and this will help my emissions as my NOx was a bit high last time I checked....

Only a pic of the tstat housing, I was too lazy to take an after pic, not that you could see much of a difference anyways, its all on the inside....

Attachments

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #174 · (Edited)
Finally installed the front dash speakers I pulled form my '90.. they sound LOADS better then the sound bar...

Also:

COMING SOON!

Working on a cargo basket that will fin in the back with the top on, im in the planning stage, fiddling with ideas, but i think im pretty set on bar clamps up front, and a hinge, and a cross bar in the back with a latch.
Should hold my spare, some extra parts, a Hi-Lift, some tools, and a cooler. for lunch on the trail.
Will be removable for when the rear seat is in on the rare occasion the kids need to go with me somewhere.

Im also waiting for the wide chain kit tio become available at JB conversions, and another SYE, so Ill have a rebuilt Tcase installed, and a spare with a SYE (the one im using now)...

and im STILL WAITING for the Barnes aluminum corner guards to be ready ( http://www.barnes4wd.com/Jeep-YJ-Body-Armor_c_58.html ), then flares, and im still not sure about the flat or pocket style....

Attachments

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #175 ·
LIGHTS!
I have had these. got them off a vendor on Pirate, finally put them on and WOW!

Old, new, compare, final lit!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #176 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #177 ·
Separate project, but got some parts for it....
This is for mounting a custom basket over the Tonneau, will allow me to hinge it so I can still access stuff int eh back...

And more free Barnes decals....

Attachments

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #178 ·
Got my Barnes skid painted Sunday, got the botton sprayed with bedliner, and the sides with my stealthy color im using on the rest.
Painted the top white, hoping it will be easier to pinpoint any leaks....

Also, im planing a trip to Plumas, my family has a Cabin at Bucks lake, and Im taking my 12 year old on some trails.
Three Lakes, and silver lake, as well as any random trails I ruin across out in the great wild...

http://www.plumascounty.org/PDF/LakesBasinMapHikingMap.pdf

http://www.plumascounty.org/PDF/BLtrailhead-map.pdf

Attachments

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #179 ·
Ok, today i installed a lateral support bar across the back, above the tailgate, right about 1" over the Tonneau.
This is also the place my cargo rack with spare will rest on.

I also added a couple tabs to zip tie stuff too....

Attachments

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #180 ·
A few more pics of my bar, Im trying to figure out a good decal, kinda seems like a trick little spot to put something, its too bad my death Mechanic stickers are too tall or Id have one there....

Im sure you noticed the little dimples left by the Harbor Freight pipe bender? If not, I sure did...

Attachments

161 - 180 of 306 Posts