Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am stuck between what to get. A 4 inch lift kit for my 02 tj or a 3 1/4 its sitting on 32s but im gonna put it on 33s or 35s. Im gonna be using it as a DD and a weekend warrior so im open to suggestions.

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
Well, the first kit I would consider is the Zone 4.25" combo kit...then compare kits against it as you narrow down your choices. If you have the money, there are better kits like Currie's with Johnny Joint arms. But for a Daily Driver and Weekend Warrior, the value of the Zone 4.25" kit is going to be tough to beat as a complete kit.

·
Registered
316 Posts
If you literally have no idea what you are doing, probably sticking to 33s would be more advisable. Not trying to scare you away from 35s but there is a LOT that need to be done for it to be done right. Start by reading this.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
as 5spdftw said...stick to the 33's

for one, with any of the kits mentioned above (including the zone 4.25 kit), you wont be able to fit 35's on there and still flex. Also, you'll need a lot of other upgrades to run the 35's than just the lift (as he posted).

I've got 35's on my current rig and its going under the knife on the 19th for new steering, new 8.8 rear axle, chromoly front shafts, and new 4.88 gears.

33's are the go to with a 3", 4", or 4.25" kit...

as for the zone kit...its an awesome kit, especially for the price.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Well I've got just a 4" Currie lift, flat fenders, no BL, and a good bit of trimming that lets me clear 35s barely. It's doable but I would still recommend at least a 4" suspension lift and a 1" or 1.25" BL.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Well I've got just a 4" Currie lift, flat fenders, no BL, and a good bit of trimming that lets me clear 35s barely. It's doable but I would still recommend at least a 4" suspension lift and a 1" or 1.25" BL.
Yeah, i was gonna say that but he doesnt have flat fenders, though...

but yes...with flat fenders you're able to clear them but you should have 5" to properly wheel them

i've got tube fenders on mine as well with flat flares in the rear...have 4" suspension and 1.25 body

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok so I read what you posted about the 35s and yeahh I think im just going to stick to the 33s. But what I was looking at for the lifts was a coil and soring lift kit. Any recommendations for other kits or are coil and springs a good choice?

·
Knows a couple things...
49,391 Posts
For 35" tires, you'd need the 4" which would also need a SYE kit and CV driveshaft. The 3.25" wouldn't require the SYE/CV driveshaft. I'd recommend a 1" body lift for both sizes of suspensions to provide a tad more clearance for 33" or 35" tires. Don't forget proper bump stops so the tops of the tires don't rub on the fender well. 35" tires will also require a beefier steering system and better braking too. A stronger tie rod at least would be recommended even for the 33" tires. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts