Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Just read your thread. I believe it would be smart to stay away from 35's with a long commute. Get the 33's, a small lift or leveling kit, and see how it does. I think your gears will be fine for now. I have 3.07 gears and 33's on my TJ and didn't have any more trouble than anyone else at the cliffs in regards to that. My open diffs were the biggest problem.

I know you've got the bug, but you don't HAVE to spend a ton of money on a bunch of mods as quite a few of the people on the forums like to preach.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I know you've got the bug, but you don't HAVE to spend a ton of money on a bunch of mods as quite a few of the people on the forums like to preach.
I second that! Plus, If give your Jeep steroids right out the gate, it kinda takes the fun out of learning to overcome obstacles and figure out what you really need.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think you're both right...thinking back to the cliffs trip on 2/21, I didn't necessarily feel that I was lagging behind even with a couple of rubicons, willy and some modified rigs.

May be I just need to drive it longer and see with skills and techniques I learn whether I really even need to do any major mods. Otherwise, there is no limit to them!!

Thank you both.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts