Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i but on a rough country 3.25 lift yesterday and instructions said drill a hole to relocate the front track bar... but were you have to move it to leaves like no metal to hold it in if you drill a hole... so the question is.. what did yall do to solve the problem..

·
Registered
297 Posts
someone should post pictures I'm looking at this lift and i've been wondering about that also

·
Show Me Your 8008135!
3,690 Posts
Don't forget to reenforce the mount or you will risk ripping the trackbar out of the mount...I relocated mine when I installed my 3" lift and within days, it was loose in the mount and popping frequently. I kept tightening it and it continued working itself loose. I replaced it with a JKS adjustable a couple months later and my hole was wallowed out from the trackbar shifting so much. Haven't had any issues since installing the adjustable using the original hole.

One note with using an adjustable...you need to have the right amount of bumpstop extensions or your trackbar could contact your differential cover on bigger bumps. If it hits hard enough, that could be disastrous.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Or just leave it where it is. Mine has been shifted over for almost 2 years to no ill effect.

·
Show Me Your 8008135!
3,690 Posts
Or just leave it where it is. Mine has been shifted over for almost 2 years to no ill effect.
Of course, that's always an option...but if it were mine, constantly seeing it shifted would drive me nuts. lol

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Adjustable front trac bar is the solution honestly.

·
Whiskey for my men...
4,100 Posts
I have a Teraflex adjustable trackbar and it doesn't even come close to the differential cover...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just cut the wheels over till the hole and track bar lined up and put the bolt back in... I don't think my springs could compress down enough to make it touch the front diff...

·
Whiskey for my men...
4,100 Posts
This is why you do full cycle checks when you modify your suspension. With springs out you check all clearances both at full compression, full drop, and if you're really paranoid at full compression on both sides. This last is really important if you're into any kind of jumping. It is dangerous to 'think' it will clear. You have to 'know' it will clear.

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
Two, any change I make to my suspension is done with a full cycle check.
so prove it...post pics. lots of people claim their stuff works, but few can actually prove it at full bump.

Three, are you calling me a liar, MFKR?
I'm not sure what MFKR is?

I just cut the wheels over till the hole and track bar lined up and put the bolt back in... I don't think my springs could compress down enough to make it touch the front diff...
here's 1.375" bumpstop extension over stock at full bump, with an adjustable track bar and a V8 ZJ tie-rod. with a straight tie-rod, this track bar hits the tie-rod without 2" front bumpstop extension.

Notice I had to cut half the face off the diff cover to clear.

give this a read:
tj front adjustable track bars for 0-3.5", does yours hit or fit? - JeepForum.com

Make sure you read the above thread before buying an adjustable track bar. Make sure to understand the problems & challenges.

·
Whiskey for my men...
4,100 Posts
so prove it...post pics. lots of people claim their stuff works, but few can actually prove it at full bump.

I'm not sure what MFKR is?

here's 1.375" bumpstop extension over stock at full bump, with an adjustable track bar and a V8 ZJ tie-rod. with a straight tie-rod, this track bar hits the tie-rod without 2" front bumpstop extension.

Notice I had to cut half the face off the diff cover to clear.

give this a read:
tj front adjustable track bars for 0-3.5", does yours hit or fit? - JeepForum.com

Make sure you read the above thread before buying an adjustable track bar. Make sure to understand the problems & challenges.
I don't know who came up with the bend on your track bar but that is a bloody mess :nonono:

It is the middle of winter here. I am not tearing down my front suspension for nobody, nohow, noway...

However in the spirit of good jeepism and all that crap I propose the following:

PM me your name and address. I'll send you a check for the purchase price of a Teraflex trackbar.

YOU buy it.

YOU install it.

YOU do a full cycle clearance check.

If the trackbar hits the differential cover, cash the check.

If it doesn't, send my check back.

I'm putting my money where my mouth is, ball's in your court :rolleyes:

P.S. I don't require proof. I will take your word for it :whistling:

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
I don't know who came up with the bend on your track bar but that is a bloody mess :nonono:
i don't disagree, but this is the current bend used by one of the major track bar manufacturers everybody looks to when they think of high quality track bars. Diff and track bar clearance isn't a trivial problem. I don't know of a track bar that clears at 0" of lift, other than the stocker. Currie & JKS both require 2" front bumpstop.

It is the middle of winter here. I am not tearing down my front suspension for nobody, nohow, noway...
same here :deadhorse:

However in the spirit of good jeepism and all that crap I propose the following:

PM me your name and address. I'll send you a check for the purchase price of a Teraflex trackbar.

YOU buy it.

YOU install it.

YOU do a full cycle clearance check.

If the trackbar hits the differential cover, cash the check.

If it doesn't, send my check back.

I'm putting my money where my mouth is, ball's in your court :rolleyes:

P.S. I don't require proof. I will take your word for it :whistling:
I notice Teraflex says their track bar will not work with stock vehicles, and at least 3" of lift is required....

here's the bend difference:

PM sent.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts