Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 Rubicon Unlimited that I am looking to take to the next level in offroad performance. I am not looking to get any more than a 3'' lift due to the angle of the driveshaft and road driving hazzards. The 4WD 3'' sus. lift looks like a good product- with 33 super swamper SSR radials.. any suggestions??

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
looks complete to me

i cant say anything about the quality of it though, youll have to wait to talk to some1 who has it

·
Drives by Braille
13,642 Posts
JeepGuyLJ, a member of the boards, has an Unlimited that is lifted 3" with 32" tires, and it looks great! He is running the Full-Traction 3" Economy lift. Its one of the more complete basic kits out there, and cheaper than the one your looking at, but you got to figure in ~$150 extra for new shocks.

JeepGuyLJ's Jeep Pics

PLUS : since you have an Unlimited you have a longer driveshaft and with a 3" lift you shouldn't have any problems with it vibrating like a regular TJ's short one.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
I believe that you have the D44 rear end, on your unlimited. It does not have a slip yoke. Your d-shaft is also longer, and has two u-joints. I really do not think you would have a problem, even with a 4" susp. lift.
I also just noticed that you have the Rubi, LJ, so I know you have the D44 rear axle, and if it makes you feel any better, I have a 4" susp. lift on our Rubi, and did not have to put the drop on the skid plate. It is still in factory position, with absolutely no bad vibes. You have to realize that all Jeeps, unfortunately, are not created equally, and do not always share the same problems, which in this case, is your good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts