Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my never-ending effort to get the most bang for my buck, I am attempting to put together my own fraken-lift rather than buy a pre-fab kit. This way I can spend the money where I need to and save the money where I don't. Also, as time goes on, I can upgrade parts as need-be. The lift will be for an '08 JKU 6spd w/ 37's. So far, the lift goes as follows:

RK 3.5" Coil Springs (F+R)
AEV Geo. Brackets
Superlift Re-Flex Front Adj. TB
Superlift Rear TB Bracket
Teraflex 9550 VSS Shocks
Extended F+R Sway Bar Links
JKS Brake Line Relo. Brackets

So, any input or opinions? I was looking at the Rubicon Express 3.5" and BDS 3" lifts before I put this together. The only thing I'm still deciding on are bumpstops, but this will most likely never see a trail, so I think I can hold off for a bit with some gentle driving habits...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unless I can get away with the 2-3" version, the TF Bracket option for 3-6" is roughly the same price as the SL adj. rear TB. At that point, I could just run the adj. TB, correct? Or do I need to put a stronger TB bracket on anyways?

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts
Unless I can get away with the 2-3" version, the TF Bracket option for 3-6" is roughly the same price as the SL adj. rear TB. At that point, I could just run the adj. TB, correct? Or do I need to put a stronger TB bracket on anyways?
A raised bracket not only centers the axle but raises the roll center for better geometry.

·
Commercial Member
2,223 Posts
The adj. TB won't correct your roll center. The bracket will (axle side) by raising it.

Everything else I see looks good to me too, except the TF shocks...but that's my personal preference. Have you considered Rancho?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A raised bracket not only centers the axle but raises the roll center for better geometry.
The adj. TB won't correct your roll center. The bracket will (axle side) by raising it.

Everything else I see looks good to me too, except the TF shocks...but that's my personal preference. Have you considered Rancho?
Gotcha! Thanks for clearing that up, I've tried to do my homework, but I'm still learning a lot as I go.

And yes, I was looking at the Rancho's (dont recall what series), but I was having a hard time finding lengths compatible with RK's recommendations for the 3.5" springs... Though, what dont you like about the TF?

·
Commercial Member
2,223 Posts
Gotcha! Thanks for clearing that up, I've tried to do my homework, but I'm still learning a lot as I go.

And yes, I was looking at the Rancho's (dont recall what series), but I was having a hard time finding lengths compatible with RK's recommendations for the 3.5" springs... Though, what dont you like about the TF?
I haven't personally run the TF shocks. I have seen others on the forum note that they didn't like them (fading issues). Rancho has any length you would need...most likely 31/30 for your 3.5".

Many like the new 5000's (and they're inexpensive), and I believe they're having a deal all month (a rebate or something from Rancho), and many like the adjustable 9000's. I have the 7000's, which are very firm, but I like it like that.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
From my understanding, RK wants 17-29" up front and 17-27" in the rear. The 9000's (31/32) look good, but the fronts only do 16-27" up front. If they'll work anyways, great. I dont plan on pushing their limits, but I'd rather be safe than sorry...

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts
From my understanding, RK wants 17-29" up front and 17-27" in the rear. The 9000's (31/32) look good, but the fronts only do 16-27" up front. If they'll work anyways, great. I dont plan on pushing their limits, but I'd rather be safe than sorry...
Most mono shocks are only 11" or so in travel. You will be fine with the 31's. With 16" compressed you wont need as much bumpstop.

·
Super Moderator
14,586 Posts
With stock rear arms, the bushings bind before you can use the full length of the 32's. So I chose to run less bump stop and get more up travel... 31's and 30's is a nice balance.

As for the rear track bar bracket, the SL bracket is a double U-Bolt design, just like everyone likes... Plus it can be had for a song. :beerdrinking:

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts
With stock rear arms, the bushings bind before you can use the full length of the 32's. So I chose to run less bump stop and get more up travel... 31's and 30's is a nice balance. As for the rear track bar bracket, the SL bracket is a double U-Bolt design, just like everyone likes... Plus it can be had for a song. :beerdrinking:
Its not about the strength (usually the case LOL)
I like the multiple hole locations of TF's.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts