Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the dealership is willing to do the lift but I have to get the parts. Looking at the aev 3.5 lift with 35 grapplers and stock rubicon rims. Any suggestions what else I should get so they can complete the work such as spacers. I Was told I need a module for the calibration for mpg. I'm really new at this sorry

2017 rubicon recon Gobi
:pullinghair:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
like the look to be honest and granted this will be my daily drive and the only other option is the 2 inch mopar which I'm not a fan of.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
197 Posts
AEV makes a 2.5" kit, and the lower kit will put less stress on other components. It will be cheaper in the long run. Or are you required to get the kit through the dealer and they don't offer the AEV 2.5?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
not sure if they offer the 2.5 lift I can ask them. is it that big of a difference look wise? also going to add winch and was told that will also bring the lift down

·
Registered
197 Posts
I don't think you will notice much of a difference from 2.5 to 3.5, if you do, you are better than me.. To the naked eye, it is not that big of a difference. I have never seen a Jeep on the street and been able to tell if it is a 2.5 or 3.5 lift to be honest. Here are two links to 2.5 and 3.5 pic threads on 35s. Look at those and decide

2.5 on 35s
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f354/lets-see-your-35s-on-a-2-5-inch-lift-156256.html

3.5 on 35s
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f354/show-me-your-3-5-inch-lift-on-35s-1794817.html

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
I have a 2.5" AEV lift. FYI, 2.5" will give you more lift than 2.5"s. I love how my jeeps drives. I also have Geo Brackets. Only way I would go higher is if you plan to go bigger than 35"s. I have an AEV Premium Bumper and a Warn 9.5xi winch as well.

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
I did cut 2" off the rear of my rock rails. They rubbed a little bit when we were out in Vegas running trails on our way to Moab. Stopped at Walmart and bought a hack saw and wacked 'em in the parking lot. Had every other tool. Who thinks to bring a hack saw?:)

·
Registered
210 Posts
If it's a true 3.5 lift (ie 4+ inches) go ahead and get a front driveshaft.

Reactions: Rocco9954

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
You will also need High Mount Brake Lamp kit for the larger size spare, a wheel spacer and tire carrier reinforcement brackets if you are keeping the factory spare tire carrier.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
if you using stock rims you need 1.5 wheel spacers get good ones like Spidertrax. I just replaced my aev 2.5 with the aev 3.5 and yes there is a difference. I am amazed every time I drive my jkr with the 3.5 aev which is everyday :). You will need an exhaust modification or exhaust spacer on 12+ rigs. Everybody says you will need new driveshaft but that is not entirely true. I live next to the AEV r&d and know the owner of AEV as he lives in my town and started the company here. He says that is one of the benefits of the geo brackets as they help the driveshaft be happy. I have wheeled for 5 years with people with aev 3.5/4.5 all on stock driveshafts and all wheel hard. Not saying it wont fail but everybody I know has not had a problem. You would be amazed at how many aev lifts are out there that do not have issues.

Reactions: Rocco9954

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
I have a 2.5" AEV lift. FYI, 2.5" will give you more lift than 2.5"s. I love how my jeeps drives. I also have Geo Brackets. Only way I would go higher is if you plan to go bigger than 35"s. I have an AEV Premium Bumper and a Warn 9.5xi winch as well.
looks good.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You will also need High Mount Brake Lamp kit for the larger size spare, a wheel spacer and tire carrier reinforcement brackets if you are keeping the factory spare tire carrier.
I got the oversized tire carrier and swing gate option

1 - 14 of 14 Posts