Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I wanna get a 3.5 inch lift kit for a 4 door jeep and also run 33s or 35s havent decided. And I'm wondering if I need to do anything with the Transmission or gears. I need to know really bad.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Need more information. Current gears,trans ( auto or manual ). What are you going to do with your jeep ( daily driver, how much off road ) is it just for looks. how much weight are you going to add to it ( after market bumpers, armor ,wheels and so on).

·
Registered
757 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Need more information. Current gears,trans ( auto or manual ). What are you going to do with your jeep ( daily driver, how much off road ) is it just for looks. how much weight are you going to add to it ( after market bumpers, armor ,wheels and so on).
Well I'm going to be doing this on a Jeep Jk 4 door 2013. So I'm just trying to find out. I'll be doing some crawling, daily driving and also some mudding. So I need to know if I need to drop my trans and gear if I get 3.5 inch lifts and 35s. I'll also be adding a Aftermarket front and back bumper also a winch. Probably also put some led lights but I doubt that'll make a difference.

·
Premium Member
1,551 Posts
Unless you plan on significant obstacles, you really only need a 2.5" lift to run 35's if properly bumpstopped. 33's are no problem with 2.5" lift and they tuck nicely into the fenders when flexed. Flat fenders are another option if you plan to need that extra flex. General opinion is that you can run the stock driveshaft pretty safely up to 3" of lift. After that plan on spending a good bit more $$ to keep everything smooth. Look into some 2.5" kits that include lower control arms to maintain your front pinion angle. I think the Teraflex sport arms are fairly well accepted.

Joe

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unless you plan on significant obstacles, you really only need a 2.5" lift to run 35's if properly bumpstopped. 33's are no problem with 2.5" lift and they tuck nicely into the fenders when flexed. Flat fenders are another option if you plan to need that extra flex. General opinion is that you can run the stock driveshaft pretty safely up to 3" of lift. After that plan on spending a good bit more $$ to keep everything smooth. Look into some 2.5" kits that include lower control arms to maintain your front pinion angle. I think the Teraflex sport arms are fairly well accepted.

Joe
I have 2.5 on my 2 door. But I wanna get it on my 4 door. So I guess ill just stick to 2.5.. I guess.

·
Premium Member
1,551 Posts
The best thing about out jeeps is just that, they're our own. There are plenty of people running 3.5" lifts on their JKUs. I'm just wanted to give you other options and to prepare you for the added cost of going bigger. I would love to have 6" lift with 40" tires and full skids under my rig, but I can't afford not do I need it with the wheeling I do. You just have to weigh your options against your budget and go from there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts