Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
The slip yoke eliminator (along with adjustable control arms and a double cardan rear drive shaft) is used in order to not drop the transfer case.

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
X2. And buy quality parts. Buy once, cry once. Metalcloak/Savvy control arms. I suggest a JB conversions supershort SYE too with a DC shaft.

·
Premium Member
1,898 Posts
To attain the correct driveline angles, to avoid vibrations, with a 3.5" lift, the TC drop would be more than the standard, recommended 1.0" TC drop, and this is to avoid fitment issues with shift levers, linkage, and placement. With this much lift, an SYE, Double Cardan Driveshaft, and Adjustable CA's and Tracbar are recommended to achieve the driveline angles to avoid VIBRATIONS!

·
Registered
578 Posts
The Transfer Case drop is a bandaid. Fix the issue and get the SYE, Upper Control Arms and DC Drive shaft. Why lift the jeep to just lower the T/C skid. The whole point is to added ground clearance under the belly. Yeah bigger tires look cooler. But I have seen good drivers with 31's and a tummy tuck go a lot of places guys on 35's were not able to.

I second the JB Conversions Super Short SYE.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts