Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently purchased a 2014 Rubi with 10,000 miles looking to lift with with 35's on it
have no plans on driving off road looking to better street handling if possible

my plans at the moment is go with Metal Cloak "game changer 3.5?

any input would be great

thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
8,178 Posts
2.5 inch lift is more than enough.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
have front and rear poison Spyder bumpers rear has the tire carrier
is does added weight become an issue on a 2.5 ?

·
Super Moderator
8,178 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
I am assuming the Original Poster is talking about a 2Dr. I have a JKUR and 3.5" is perfect with 35's and will clear 37's with flat fenders nicely. It will also get the belly of the 4 DR higher. If you are talking 2 DR then 2.5 with Flat fenders will do everything you want and keep the driveline angles happy.

Oh.... and it will not drive squirrely with 3.5" if you set it up right.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am assuming the Original Poster is talking about a 2Dr. I have a JKUR and 3.5" is perfect with 35's and will clear 37's with flat fenders nicely. It will also get the belly of the 4 DR higher. If you are talking 2 DR then 2.5 with Flat fenders will do everything you want and keep the driveline angles happy.

Oh.... and it will not drive squirrely with 3.5" if you set it up right.

nope JKU
looking into the AEV now but don't see 2.5 with the
Geometry Correction Front Control Arm Drop Brackets

·
Registered
492 Posts
How many backyard mechanics set them up right? Just curious.
Making a general statement that 3.5" lifts drive squirrely is an ignorant comment. If you can read directions and understand your suspension you should have no problems installing this lift correctly. If you can't and still want the lift then pay to have it done. But a 3.5" on a JKU drives really well.

·
Registered
492 Posts
nope JKU
Since you have the JKU I would lean toward the 3.5" lift if you do any serious off-roading. Getting that belly up will make a world of difference. I started with 2.5" and then went to 3.5". My end plan is 37's and the 4 Dr handles the 3.5" just fine. You need to expect to replace the front drive shaft at 3.5" or run and exhaust spacer to take full advantage of the articulation.

·
Super Moderator
14,540 Posts
nope JKU
On the AEV 2.5 you have to add the brackets as a separate line item. I love the look of a quality 2.5 with 35's and flat fenders. But also think a 3.5 with 35's and factory fenders is a fantastic look.

Just note that that 1" takes a lot more to do it right. I think the AEV Dualsport SC 3.5 is the right choice based on your desires...

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have 3.5 Rubi-Express with 35" tires. I had someone install it and it drives perfectly fine. I use it as a daily driver and don't really off road. I have a '15 JKU so I'm a relatively new Jeeper and the one thing that eluded me when doing my research is that lifting my jeep made the ride become stiff. If I would have known that before hand I would have lifted it in a different manner. Now I need to swap some parts out to make it ride smooth and will probably spend twice as much money in the long run. You live and learn.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I have 3.5 Rubi-Express with 35" tires. I had someone install it and it drives perfectly fine. I use it as a daily driver and don't really off road. I have a '15 JKU so I'm a relatively new Jeeper and the one thing that eluded me when doing my research is that lifting my jeep made the ride become stiff. If I would have known that before hand I would have lifted it in a different manner. Now I need to swap some parts out to make it ride smooth and will probably spend twice as much money in the long run. You live and learn.
What shocks are you running? My first lift was REALLY harsh....stiff ride. Switched shocks and it was better. Changed everything to a 3.5" Rock Krawler lift with multi rate coil springs and Rancho 9000 shocks and she rides SOOO much smoother.

·
Registered
35 Posts
What shocks are you running? My first lift was REALLY harsh....stiff ride. Switched shocks and it was better. Changed everything to a 3.5" Rock Krawler lift with multi rate coil springs and Rancho 9000 shocks and she rides SOOO much smoother.
Hmm... well, I bought a stock '15 JKU adn then had a 3.5" Rubicon Standard Suspension System installed. That package doesn't come with shocks so I'm guessing I still have the factory shocks installed.
Rubicon Express 3.5" Standard Suspension System for 07-16 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited JK 4 Door - Quadratec

I'll have to look into getting Rancho 9000s. Thanks for the info.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts