Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how will a 3.5 inch lift do with no control arms (3.5" coil springs and no control arms) example: the rubicon express standar 3.5" lift that comes with just coil springs and brackets
so how will it do without the control arms (and the other stuff that most kits come with, like transfer case lowering kits and swaybar links and stuff)
thanks

·
WINNAR!!!!!!
6,805 Posts
that much lift usually requires a fixed yoke on the transfer case, a cv driveshaft, and at least 1 pair of adjustable control arms. Without them you are bound to have driveline vibes from the rear.

To me... you just can't do one without the other.

·
Registered
59 Posts
lift

I would imagine that using your factory control arms will be ok. The ones that I got with my 4" lift where only 1/2 inch longer. Either that, or you can get some adjustable lower, upper control arms, from Nth degree. You will probably want to lower your skid plate as well. The 4" kit comes with about a 1.5" shim. If you have a rubicon, you wont need to lower the skid plate, as you already have a SYE. They most probably offer this Kit as a very inexpensive lift. That would be my guess.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts